22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t think Auburn and Florida knew anything Texas didn’t know. Sometimes our shots don’t go in

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Front or deny ball, don’t double the post. Don’t leave Santi or Key. Switch 1-5 if you can. That’s the recipe. Every team has a recipe to beat them. People who don’t follow as much college ball should look at how many top 10 and 25 teams lose each week. Somebody gets hot. Somebody goes cold. Foul trouble here and there and anybody can beat anybody. Look what OK did to Bama. I believe they were last place in conf play or close to it.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Never say never, but I do not believe I’ll ever go back to Memorial. Went to our sold out game there a few years ago when we were ranked really high and pulled off an incredible late rally. Was happy we won and all. However setting aside our dramatic victory, it was the worst in person viewing experience I’ve had anywhere. I got tickets in the middle section thinking that would be the best view of the action not realizing it was going to feel like you were crammed into a literal box (and no, not the luxurious kind of boxes at sporting events). The sight lines are awful. You can only see like 20% of the arena. They literally wall you in on each side. The floor of the upper deck serving as a roof two feet above your head was especially nerve racking as well. The only thing missing was an earthquake breaking out crushing all of us within that hazardous violation of a building. I never have considered myself the claustrophobia type, however that night I actually experienced legit claustrophobia. Watching on TV > then watching live from that dilapidated opera theater imo.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ve been once, I don’t remember at all where I sat but it wasn’t as bad as this where I was. I could see the game fine. But yeah it’s a terrible venue

5. Ssmiff

I’ve told the story of being next to the whistler and his angry buddy. We were warned by people around us “be careful what you say”. Didn’t say shit the whole game until Grants huge dunk late. I said to my buddy “Grant is a man” and this dude starts yelling “he’s a boyy! He’s a boyy!”at us as we laughed. Then with a purple face gets up, shoves my friend in the chest then tried to push me as I was in the aisle getting out of his way. And to boot, I had a cane I needed from total knee surgery.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We always went to every Vandy football game in Nashville as a family growing up when the Vols were in town, but for whatever reason my family never took us to any Vol basketball games there. I did go to Memorial a couple other times as child growing up that did not involve UT playing whenever a family of a bud had an extra ticket and invited me to tag along with them. However all of those games were typically early season non-conference stinkers that involved crowds being at like 20% capacity where we sat really close to the floor.

I had never been to Memorial for an actual hard sellout when the Vols were in town until years later as an adult for the 2018 or 2019 game we played there. Perhaps me not ponying up for a better seat in the lower level that night can fully explain away my horrible fan experience. Regardless, that evening's overall experience made me never want to patronize Memorial Gym again. Whatever you do, I highly recommend to anyone going to Memorial to always avoid sitting in the middle sections of that disgusting gym.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Key and JJJ both missed the kind of shots that Leaky Black missed against Duke—literally nobody within ten feet.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Oh, the out-numbered Vandy bros that night were big-time triggered as they watched their beloved Commadores choke away like a 10 point lead in 90 seconds while Grant Williams was busy stealing their souls in the process. Grant had an easy double double and shot like 20/20 from the FT line that evening. Was probably his most beastly game he ever played overall at Tennessee. That defeat broke them emotionally.

However, the whistling douche is certifiably crazy. That guy actually has serious mental problems. Nobody outside of a few dozen "Vandy fans" has ever actually enjoyed his presence at sporting events. Was hilarious last year in Hoover when the Tennessee crowd trolled him bad by using his whistle cadence to repeatedly recite pro-Vol chants. He shut up rather quickly once he realized his efforts were only making the Tennessee crowd surrounding him more rambunctious.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

I think Nkamouah was stunned he was so open, and maybe didn’t have his feet right to just dunk it, but either way that might have been the worst missed layup I’ve ever seen

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not sure I've ever seen a player miss as many shots around the the rim as Nkamouah did vs. AU Saturday. The first four minutes of that game where he airballed/bricked like five short range jumpers in a row made my eyes bleed and that one specific missed field goal he suffered in the 2nd half with nobody near him in the paint was one of least athletic things I've ever witnessed in a basketball game at that level. He should be so much better than he is currently playing.

11. Ssmiff

Think he missed because he lost focus, shockingly, after the flop. I just don’t know how he didn’t get the rebound. Nobody else was around and it was short so should’ve been quick putback.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if those goofy layups aren't missed, these games unfold very differently.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Arkansas feels like a bad matchup. So much athleticism. Sounds like they get their best scorer back soon.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Vandy gonna miss a 3 or what?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

This game is sort of not like the Auburn game

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I think 3 of them have been shots I’m 100% ok with them taking.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'm not even pissed yet at our defense, just more surprised in how they have made it rain so far.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

This is so stupid. This clown can't shoot worth shit all year.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My butthole clinches every time we try an oop. We try the alley oop so much despite it hardly ever working

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Uros stupidily putting himself into foul trouble over the span of 20 seconds.