22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If Duke spent as much time practicing basketball as they did in acting class this isn't a conversation.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and justingroves like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t get their response. Instead of flopping like a pansy give it back. Unless you’re soft I guess.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Except for people calling it a racial attack

4. Ssmiff

5. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

6. Ssmiff

“Everybody said we were dead. But we are alive and kicking baby.” we are and have been highly competitive under Barnes and it has a lot to do with how competitive he is. He engrains that into them. Takes awhile for some to adjust.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

8. Ssmiff

I like that. Don’t feed it. Be a smartass about it and move on.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Old country man smartass is hard to come back at

SetVol13 and Poppa T like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Thinking about this game, they will launch 3s so we have to get out on them. They are faster than we are so if we try too hard to prevent the 3 they will blow by us with how they spread. And they get a lot of rebounds because misses on 3s come off long as they crash the boards.
    Do we not guard tight and force them to shoot over us or do we pressure and open up more lanes. I mean their guards are faster than any we’ve played this season.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My Aussie mates would roast his azz for his yank dumbassery.

Tar Volon likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

we get into their skin, just like we try to do with everybody

justingroves likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wild how close we were to a Memphis Sweet 16.

14. Ssmiff

nobody has had the speed they have which concerns me. We may see some zone and give them the ft line shot. They either shoot layups or 3s

15. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

They’re good, don’t get me wrong, but they’re not better 1-4 than a lot of the SEC teams we played that also play the same style. They’re Great Value Bama. Their guard play is similar, but they aren’t rolling out a couple of first rounders on the wing and their 5 men aren’t nearly as good as Bediako.

Barnes has gone to the zone a little more recently than I expected, but barring major foul issues, I don’t see that happening Thursday. Playing a zone that you aren’t comfortable in against a team with 6 or 8 guys hitting 35% from 3 is a great way to get roasted.

IP likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The interwebz says this team hasn't played a power 5 school since November 14th.

I guess I just find it hard to believe they're legitimately faster or more athletic than us, or that their guards are faster than any we've played all season.

17. Ssmiff

there are a lot of quick smaller players at non power 5 who didn’t get the look due to size. We will see how we handle it

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think people overestimate the disparity in talent between d-1 athletes. These are not chumps.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They are very fast. Just short.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We have a rim protector