OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve never been but happen to be going down on the 5th for a few days. Son got invited by friends to Gulf shores but will be in a tourney and miss the ride down, so I told him I’d drive him that Monday morn and we decided to take the dogs and grabbed a home there for a few days. I don’t like condos and a lot of people and all their urine in pools. Don’t think the beaches will be sandy white or torquoise water but we will rent a golf cart to drive around to beach and eat and just chill without many people around

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The sand is pretty white and the water often clear down that way, you may be pleasantly surprised

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Had my middle one's 9th birthday yesterday, it was a nerf war fortnite themed party.

Most of his baseball team came along with most of his class, it turned into a gigantic kick ball game until dark and then a nerf war with head lamps and glow sticks, it was a fun time.

Volsdude, zehr27, SetVol13 and 3 others like this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How long are you going to be down there? We are checking in on the 10th.

We've got a waterfront house on the bay side with a beach area right off our deck and about a block from the gulf.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

A few jobs ago, I had a coworker who, along with her husband spent every other weekend or so on Dauphin Island. They wanted to retire there, but I think family got in the way of that. My college used to have marine biology courses down there in the summers that were glorified vacations, but I wasn't a rich kid and didn't go. I've not known anyone who went to come back with a really negative opinion. It's slower than the rest of the Redneck Riviera and relatively cleaner is what I've been told. The beaches are supposedly very nice.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

only 3 days. I bet I know the house you are staying at. I looked at a couple on the bay.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Currently searching for a tech company that is working on creating machines that convert CO2 into Oxygen so we can rid the planet of all plants and pollen. I'm dying.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Big Oxygen is suppressing that tech, man.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're going to patent photosynthesis.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mother[uck fay]ers would definitely try

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

But in all seriousness, you sure they aren't looking towards extraterrestrial uses for creating potential fuel away from Earth? That'd be the billion dollar application.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep, and would facilitate asteroid mining. That will be a trillion dollar industry.

13. CardinalVol

*adds names to the list of people to serve as fuel for photosyntheisis machines*

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Bye bye Danny Masterson. See you in about 30 years.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The absolute worst part about Tennessee living: never ending allergies.

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

I’ve never had it as bad as I have the last month. The last 2 days have been awful. Felt as bad as I have since I had Covid.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I've had allergy problems with pollen/ragweed since childhood. So I've gotten used to doing the daily nasal spray/Claritin routine and just dealing with it over the years. However this year especially has been a nightmare for me as well. The perpetual nasal congestion and dark allergy circles I get under my eyes occasionally have been off the charts all spring. I've never wanted to do the whole long ass process that are weekly allergy shots, but I've got to figure out something moving forward since I am not leaving Tennessee anytime soon.

My upcoming beach vacation in a few weeks can't get here fast enough so my sinuses can get a reprieve. Escaping the TN pollen and being by the ocean for a few days always does wonders for clearing out my sinus/nasal cavity.

SetVol13 likes this.
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Completely forgot about that trial. Good to see justice for the two women.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Try living in Florida. Turrible.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Really? What part? I've always found the beach to be a godsend when it comes to temporarily alleviating my allergies.