2023 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 29, 2022.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Need those 90s bats in that park. Pure aluminum. Sure someone might die, but chicks dig the long ball.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Give Blake Burke a gorilla bat and he might actually vaporize a ball if he runs into it

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Anyone but LSU. Then anyone but UF.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

???

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They’ve got a tampering machine going in every sport.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I can live with Wake winning and I think they will. They’ve been the best team all year

if it’s LSU-Florida in the finals, [uck fay] that. I won’t watch

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Always need more dudes but tonight we really just needed a dude to get the hit at the right time, we’ve got dudes who could’ve done that. Just didn’t happen tonight

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I haven't looked at the stats. This is just anecdotal from me watching like 10 games. But it seemed like we could absolutely feast on average pitching but once it gets to a certain level our AB quality gets very poor. I know that's a lot of teams. But it's not the very best teams.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tonight was frustrating because we didn’t do what we did against a better pitcher for Stanford.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Some have been claiming since he went to the pen back mid season that his camp was making noise… seen some rumors LSU promising a starting rotation spot and 500k…

Again… rumors…

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

into the wind every year with blinding sun which affects the game. It’s like a final stage of a video game where they put random bullshit in your way.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hell of a run for this team. I'll take it. Go Wake

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And we were in position to take a lead or at least swing momentum on multiple occasions but could never just get that last hit to bring guys home.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sorting through this moving ahead....

Assume that Dollander and Ahuna are gone. Maybe Dickey and Ensley too? I see Dickey moreso than Ensley.

I think Denton has a year of eligibility left? I have no clue on his draft status/situation.

I think Lindsey might has a year left too? Of course, he's probably pitched himself into a decent draft spot, even if he does.

So weekend rotation wise we have Beam, Burns (yes he will be back in rotation), Russell, and maybe Lindsey as your leaders? Dreiling will take over one of the outfield spots, and Tears will take another.

So likely one outfield spot, the left side of the infield, and you HAVE to upgrade offensively behind the plate are up for grabs.

I still think we have to figure out something on our plate approach. We cannot keep turning crap lefties into Koufax. And we have to be able to adjust out zone to what the ump's is, whether we agree with it or not. If it's not what we are used to we get too flustered and uptight. And baserunning.....I don't know the answer, but we've got to find one.

Vitello has turned us into a top 10 program. No arguing that. The next step of becoming an perennial contender is the hardest to make IMO, because you have to start fine tuning everything. I most certainly think Tony can, now we've just got to do it.

15. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I wouldn't mind seeing us try to get Peebles the NC State catcher in the portal.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If LSU wants him, they’ll probably get him. Nobody is close to competing with their NIL arm in baseball

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

LSU’s starting catcher Milazzo is a redshirt Junior so unless this guy is better, seems unlikely he would play there next year. Also, looking at Milazzo’s stats unlikely he would drafted high enough to go pro, but I admittedly don’t know a whole lot about either one.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Dickey is gone.

Ensley looks like he will be back.

Denton probably comes down to draft area vs NIL they can get him.

Lindsey is a projected top 200 pick, so he gone.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Tennessee apparently is in hot pursuit of NC State catcher. Supposedly had a zoom meeting in last day.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Travinski had been the catcher the last 6 weeks until last few nights. Milazzo more defense, Travinkski more offense. Both RS Jr.

Also bringing in a stud from Texas that was 2022 Texas player of year...could be a draft casualty.

The Dooz likes this.