Georgia Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 18, 2023.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is an awful mentality and I don't want a coach that thinks this way.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s not stupid to be able to watch a QB ball out and see that he has it.

He’s not terrible. Quite the opposite

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What's awful about it? Why risk all of next season for a game against Vandy and a meaningless bowl game, especially after we avoided getting Nico any meaningful playing time the first 10 games?

Nico should have already seen significant snaps at this point in the season, since he hasn't there's not much reason to do it now.

Indy likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ssmiff could probably ball out at QB against Vandy.

I don’t think he’s terrible either. It would just be our luck for him to struggle in the game he’s supposed to be convincing recruits to come join him.

I still think we will see Milton.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We'll see Milton against Vandy and against whatever team we lose to in the bowl game.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Joe Milton isn’t going to get benched on Senior Day.

justingroves likes this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Maybe I misinterpreted what you originally said. I agree with holding him out if all he is going to do is hand the ball off and throw to walk-ons but if you've got the chance to get him in with the 1s (which as you said, should already have happened) I don't think you should let the possibility of an injury keep you from playing him. There's always going to be injuries but he and the team need something concrete to build on.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If you all don’t think a freshman beating the snot out of somebody in his first game ever wouldn’t generate some buzz and recruiting juice I’m not sure what to tell you

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

No, and he shouldn't be. If Nico is your QB of the future though, you need to get that guy some meaningful possessions.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They wanted to redshirt Nico. It’s part of the plan. I don’t understand it but that has been the plan all season.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I truly hope he's regretting that decision.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Joe is below average, he's the worst qb, statistically, Heupel has ever coached.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's a likable version of Guarantano.

TangoUniform likes this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

From the outside looking in, it looks like Heupel's decision to make Joe a thing has derailed a lot of the progress he made in the first two seasons. Nothing was built this year and I can't think of any significant development made on the field.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Which is probably why Heupel seems to lack the confident swagger he's had the past two seasons. Milton broke him. He'll be alright with Nico running the offense.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And if he's not, Tennessee will be hiring another coach

Tar Volon and utvol0427 like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He will be but in the meantime Heupel can best benefit himself by making major changes on his staff. He needs to surround himself with better minds than what he has now.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hopefully we significantly developed the idea that we need a new DC.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I imagine CJH knows his long term success sits on Nico’s shoulders and he was spooked about playing him as a true freshman. Just keep recruiting the best QBs and I think offense will be ok long term. Now get serious about defense or UGA is going to stay a cut above you no matter how good your offense is.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is a cute response but im referring to something that goes deeper than Xs and Os. I'm bothered by the idea that I don't think there's a coach on the offensive side of the football that can and will go over to Heupel and say, "this is guy will get us beat there's no benefit in playing him." when a Milton situation comes along.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.