POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. HCKevinSteele

There is not one metric. But yes on that metric things have been good. But surely you can see how layoffs get dangerous and fast when the personal savings rate has dipped to pre-pandemic levels and credit card debt is soaring to new highs.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think the tech sector might take a pretty big hit this year. I have a good friend that has a college education from a top notch IT school that lost his job at the end of last year. He lives in a really nice area just outside of Detroit. He has applied for several jobs and has more than 1 head hunter looking for him and is coming up with nothing. He has around 15 years experience in upper/middle management in the IT sector. He is going to start bar tending just to get by until something pops. It's crazy to think a 45 year old guy with his experience and education that made almost 200K last year is going to have to mix drink to get by for awhile.

5. HCKevinSteele

Damn, that sucks, I hate to hear that. Hopefully a good opportunity finds him soon.

Tech is definitely gonna be one of the first dominoes in the next downturn, there’s been a lot of layoffs already. Just got too bloated during Covid.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. It was definitely one of those industries that beefed up too much during the pandemic. Probably going to take a year or so to shape back up.

7. HCKevinSteele

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

11. HCKevinSteele

Politics aside, it’s sad to watch. He really should step aside.

VolDad likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh no, he said the wrong "m" name for the French leader! My pearls!

13. HCKevinSteele

This is a bit, right?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1 opsie is totally understandable. 1,000 opsie's is a problem. He like Johnson should announce that he will not run and step aside for someone who would easily crush Trump; as opposed to someone who will barely squeak by.

15. GahLee

You should take this act on the road.

16. GahLee

Who is easily crushing Trump?

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Newsome or any Democrat other than Harris with a pulse.

18. GahLee

"People fled guilty...ya know, ri, right after I was elected I went to what they call a G7 meeting and all the NATO leaders and I was in, I was in the South of England and I sat down and I said "America's back." and Mitterrand from German, I mean from France looked at me and said "uh...sa, said, ya know, wha, why,....how long you back for?" I looked at him and the chancellor of Germany said "what would you say Mr. President if you picked up the paper tomorrow in the London Times and the London Times said a thousand people break through the house of commons and break down the doors and two bobies are killed in order to stop the election of a Prime Minister, what would you say?" I never thought about it from that perspective, what would we say if that happened in another democracy around the world?

Lord that was painful to transcribe.

Imagine the company you work for introducing this guy as your new CEO, how quickly are you updating your resume?

19. GahLee

Yeah right

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trumps support comes from people who could answer a casting call for extras for the movie Deliverance. Unfortunately for him, they are a minority of voters.