POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think wizards is the correct word. More like unelected bureaucrats pulling most of the strings behind the scenes.

Just look at our food system to see a shit ton of examples. The biggest is how we act like highly processed seed oils are healthy over natural fats, and natural fats are vilified.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The government would never lead the general population astray

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Look how easy people in power can move the market. It's not that hard to believe they are manipulating people daily.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our government is coordinated and focused? The bureaucrats have a shared vision?

I think wizard is probably more realistic

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand how you can be so naive.

Pharmaceuticals and Big Ag have a lot of pull and influence, look at the opiate problem and processed foods. I'm not a huge conspiracy guy, but they spend a lot to make sure they make a lot.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those are industry, not bureaucrats.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s highly coordinated, now how focused or effective it is might be debatable.

The majority of bureaucrats have the same ideology and have captured almost all of our institutions.

Obesity is a huge issue with it. It’s not really the calories increasing

or activity levels dropping.

it’s the bullshit in the food and if you eliminate it you will get healthier and more fit.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s controlled by government institutions and heavily regulated by bureaucrats.

The fda did allow and even lie for the pharmaceuticals over opioids.

justingroves likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Industry capture is the term. Goes back to industry. If there were no gov, it'd be even worse.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

With drug companies it would be hard to say how it would play out but other areas would benefit with less control.

Now we have the worst of both worlds anyways.

The industry is getting to write and control the rules to the market while also getting the protection of the government to limit competition through the force of government

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Half of me says ban it yesterday.

The other half says the powers that be are so intertwined with China already that it's pointless.

justingroves likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they’re not going to ban it.

they’re going to force the sale of it so they can control it

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The whole TikTok thing is all about money (and politics as it applies to that money). Trump's flip-flop is just one example.

People rationalized giving away their personal "data" along time ago and then pretend to be "incensed".

I don't care. I don't use any SM apps and it is too late for even me to some extent.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The TikTok pearl clutching is just further Balkanizing the internet. Apparently bad when others do it but good and just when we do.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its like the relationship between a puppeteer and a puppet.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Even Berrnie Sanders understand how much control the 1% has on the government. They make all changes basically.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I would be silly to blame something on a puppet and not the puppeteer

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When the puppet has the ability to rise up and do its own thing you should.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the bureaucrats are the puppets, they literally cannot. Their powers and authority are dictated by congress and the potus.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The puppet is our government which Congress is apart of.