POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m glad I grew up from a really humble background and the bar was set pretty low on bettering myself without really giving a damn what people thought of me.

justingroves likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We live in a time where things are less affordable than ever, while some people just graduating college think they should be able to buy a house on the level of their parents right off the bat, while having money to vacation and spend on niceties. So they get super depressed super fast because their expectations are way out of whack in the best of times while the economic picture is tougher.

SetVol13, JohnnyQuickkick and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, that is what I think. Expectations are higher than ever. The conditions for entering adulthood are as challenging as they've been in generations. Bad combo.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That being said, if I was warped back to being 18 or whatever and had some of the knowledge I have now, I'd get into a trade. That is a clear path to secure middle class living by your mid 20's.

justingroves likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Agreed. It was so ingrained in us (me and my classmates) that you had to got to and get a 4 year degree to get a job or be “successful” that I never really gave trades a thought until a few unsuccessful years at college. And even then, the one that was the most appealing to me (culinary arts), didn’t seem offer much more than long hours in a restaurant. It wasn’t until years later when I started meeting folks who studied the trade that I learned there was so much more I could have done in the field. I have no complaints with where I am now, so I don’t regret the path I ultimately ended up going down, but information about trades wasn’t readily available to us 20-25 years ago.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have tons of regrets. I probably would have done a trade out of the gate and transition to a university path at 30 if I had all the info and a master plan.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

A plan to learn a trade and then attend schooling to learn how to run it as a business would be beneficial to a lot of kids these days. I know it would have been beneficial to me.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Trades are making a big come back.

shit ton of younger men are quiting the college trap

zehr27 likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They’re making a comeback in Tennessee because the TN Promise/Achieves Scholarship basically makes it free to learn one.

IP likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yea

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What is the deal with the Kate Middleton stuff? I haven't really read into it much but it sounds a bit odd. They trying to give her the Diana treatment?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That hit me in the forehead about 3 weeks after being on campus

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How much time do you have?

IP likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I graduated high school and didn't have to rent a single wide, I was high class

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Supposedly William is cheating on her with her former best friend. She has finally had enough, has removed her wedding ring and is no longer making public appearances.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have no clue what’s going on but wife said something about them faking an AI picture of her acting like stuff was normal too

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And she had some sort of medical procedure and could be on the island with Elvis and Tupac

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They’re an absolute mess without the Queen, who barely kept the thing hanging on by a thread to begin with.

Charles is a massive spoiled, self absorbed tee double you a tee who is now on the shelf while he battles a cancer diagnosis. The only normal one appears to be Harry, and yeah, that ain’t saying much.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It sounds interesting so as much as needed to get the deets.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Also isn't William about to be the king as soon as Charles kicks the bucket?