POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you find fact-checking "discredits," re-evaluate your positions.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Probably more funded by Feds

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I have no idea how Snopes leans. It seemed to provide more context than I got from the Fox link and it was not behind a paywall.

There was more detail and it was more recent.

I am not a fan of paid provocateurs on any level.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It definitely works that way if you give them large sums of money. Do you just blindly donate to causes?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't understand this. You asked for proof again and I gave you a link with proof.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It just seems anymore people only like links from sources they deem "credible".

7. HCKevinSteele

Why I often dont bother collecting multiple links to prove a point when there’s no amount of them regardless of quality or legitimacy that would suffice.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yet the link queen gets pissy if you don't.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh huh.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You didn't give me proof, you gave me a source. I didn't ask for proof, I asked for evidence.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You should always be evaluating the credibility of sources. If you were not before, that might be how you got to linking me conservative think tanks. I don't send you the daily kos or huffpost now do I?

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Evidence was in the article. Concrete evidence he helped find protesters. You just don't like the source or how it's laid out. That's on you. I did my job.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's see, Fox News had to settle for a huge amount of money after lying about the 2020 elections. That's a fact. Now they're being sued by Hunter Biden for allegedly defaming him. Wonder how that will turn out.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

In the old days, people subscribed to the newspaper which leaned toward their preference.

Nothing much has changed from that perspective.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Donating to an organization is not the same as paying for a protest. It isn't.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So no way those conservative think tanks could be right?

17. HCKevinSteele

To be clear I didn’t mean as literally as ~some~ believe Soros funds protests. But having feds be involved in far right groups helping convince gullible morons into driving to DC for J6 isn’t nothing. And if you think that is even remotely far-fetched or conspiratorial you simply are not paying attention. Maybe that’s not interesting to you and that’s why you don’t know, if so that’s fine.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't say "no way." Now, would you say there is no way that liberal or progressive think tanks could be right?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It absolutely is. You just can't understand it. It's ok.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Nope. They absolutely could be right.