Does Butch coach against UK?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 21, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

That's the risk you run, they need to do this now.

alumvol08 likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, you can’t let him coach against UK. If he wins, you can’t get rid of him. Fire him now.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

There's a good chance he's here until the end of the year unless something massively changes from what I'm hearing.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is this based off of info or just your opinion?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yes, because all recent history and tradition says so.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Funny

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Huh.

Go Currie. That's a silent way to lead is to stay after the embarrassment and talk with the players.

Tenacious D and sbradle4 like this.
  8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Part of me would like to see him in Neyland vs LSU. The players don't deserve that atmosphere though.

9. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Agreed, I was asking where Butch Jones was... Shouldn't he be the one doing that, not the AD?

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fielding encouraging and laudatory texts from other coaches probably.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I wish Butch Jones would take some leadership reps playing the single player version of Russian Roulette.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If he really gave a shit about the players, he wouldn't have put them on the field the last two games with a dumbass as their coach.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Butch missed out on the opportunity to show tremendous resiliency and get critical leadership reps here. Can't win life championships like that.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Both.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I personally like the state we are in. I could care less about the Vols at this point, just watch and sip Jim Beam until I fall asleep for 2 to 3 hours.

17. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

[uck fay] this [uck fay]ing piece of shit of an excuse for a [uck fay]ing head coach. He's a [uck fay]ing jock sniffing band geek masquerading as a [uck fay]ing head coach.

I [uck fay]ing hope he never coaches another [uck fay]ing game for this piece of [uck fay]ing shit football team ever a-[uck fay]ing-gain.

[uck fay].

reVOLt likes this.
  18. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

So we lose by 38 and Butch stays, but we lose by 59 and he’s gone? Not saying they’ll fire him this week, they should, but I don’t get that logic.

19. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

That would mean Currie has changed his mind from a couple weeks ago.

20. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

well.. my thinking was that everybody knows he was gonna get beat today... and firing him after losing to Bama is almost like firing a guy after winning a game.... everybody loses to bama... but if you lose bad *enough* to bama, then maybe that's a different story. maybe if there were something else that happened to show he'd lost the team... yknow.. I dunno... like players give the double traffic finger to the crowd on national television or something...

anyway... a simple loss to Bama probably doesn't lose his job... losing by 60 or so, though?....