Is Rick Barnes Committed to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He will end up being one of my favorite players with Houston and Lofton. His instincts are usually tops on the court as well.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bruuuuuuuuuuce just took that L to a D-2 team

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have been told twice by people inside the AD that the expectation is to make the tournament, which tells the that they, and Barnes, certainly think this is true.

4. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

French guy doesn't look too great so far.

5. Ssmiff

His shot is bugly and doesn't appear he can penetrate

6. JohnnyQuickkick

And he was the highest rated player in this year’s class right?

He’s a great athlete and he might develop, but I wish people would pump the brakes on the rivals rankings

7. Ssmiff

Maybe he shows some things when we open up. His first game was against sagging zone and he will need to come out of the game vs zone unless he can play on the ft line and he a weapon. He looks all arms and legs and hair

8. JohnnyQuickkick

He did block the hell out of a shot against Carson-Newman

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Vols have offered '20 PG Norance Berry from the Christ School. Kid is from Cleveland, TN... plays for B Maze Elite... I wonder who has sons that play for B Maze?

10. Ssmiff

friend of mine coaches for them and posted this on facebook last week. These are current 8th graders. just a guess, but dude in the middle may draw some attention soon.

Attached Files:

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Rick Barnes' latest comments on Butch and winning at the University of Tennessee....my goodness.....he can get the [uck fay] out too.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know what was said, but the Coaching Fraternity is a strong one.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

These?

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...-than-he-found-it-rick-barnes-says/858611001/

I thought they were fair and professional.

Synopsis: Program better than Butch found it. Worked hard. Knows he wished he could've done more. Coaches should ask about expectations when hired. Respect for how Currie handled everything.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What did he say?

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hes wrong. The program is at parity with the disaster that Dooley wrought. Marginal differences are worthless at the bottom of the toilet bowl.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

https://247sports.com/college/tenne...-opens-up-on-the-Butch-Jones-firing-110429003

“You know what’s really going to have to happen?” Barnes asked. “We’re going to have to decide what do we really want for our football program.

“If I was the coach coming in, I would ask this question, if I were the football coach: ‘What’s expected of me?’

Is nine wins enough? Bowl games? Or does the coach have to be in the College Football Playoff every season?

Those, Barnes said, would be the other questions he would have.

“That’s like someone saying to me you have to be in the Sweet Sixteen or the Elite Eight every year,” he said. “If somebody told me that, I’d say ‘You know I don’t think I want to work here.’

Daddy Gee likes this.
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wow

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He sounds like one of those [uck fay]ing idiots at VN who decry "expectations". Yes, heaven forbid we pay a coach $4.6 million dollars and expect him to be, at least, in the top 15 every year.

I've been on record since the hire saying I didn't like getting Barnes and much preferred Michael White, who was at Louisiana Tech. I don't know why people were so content with it being a forgone conclusion we got Barnes. Well, Florida gets White and look where they are. Meanwhile, we get a guy nearing retirement who did less with more in his prime at Texas and saying that "expectations are bad". Florida is about ready to start killing it, watch.

Man, I [uck fay]ing hate Dave Hart.

19. Ssmiff

I like Barnes and it's hard to compare taking over a UF program, to following a depleted roster and tyndall.
    He's also saying what just about every coach is thinking so you may as well be mad at everyone. Coaching fraternity is tight.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Winning a conference game once a year would be a nice start.