We Have Successfully Debunked One Theory Today...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Nov 26, 2017.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That theory is that Currie has the first [uck fay]ing clue what he's doing. Not bashing anyone here for saying it. I said it too. I was wrong. He's a fool and needs to be fired immediately. This is the biggest debacle I have ever seen in a coaching search.

TimRoo, A-Smith, spurgeon and 8 others like this.
  2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Preach.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Currie is doing what he’s told.

Joseph Brant, lylsmorr and NYY like this.
  4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I am okay to wait this out to make an ultimate decision about Tennessee in general, but the entire AD is broken. Actually, the whole University is a cesspool of dysfunction. I’m and so sad about this whole thing.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's an asshole. Just not in the way that we wanted, but another yes man

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

"Currie is really going about this search the right way" - John Currie

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Unfortunately true.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He may have gotten a free buyout out of all this too

9. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Lets fire Davenport and Di Pietro. Lets move the AD under the prez again and hire "UT people." Not nominal UT people like the merc Currie. By UT people I mean people who are part of the culture if not grads. People who love the university not someone taking just another job.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Vested interest has enormous power.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Turning the school into a version of the IMG Academy is preferable to the oligarchs we have now.

12. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

So what's the word? Is Currie getting fired?

13. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

And they have decided that their own are bumpkins who need to be ignored and outsiders brought in to lend gravitas/cache to the place. Place hasn't been worth a d*mn since Johnson left.

14. GoVols

GoVols Member

Ugh. So very very true.

15. Yep. Played boosters while sucking Haslams [penis].

16. .

Attached Files:

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You can use cell phones on private planes. This isn’t the 80s.

Hell, you can damn near do it on commercial.

18. volinbham

volinbham Member

completely inexplicable -

19. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

http://forum.feelslike98.com/showthread.php?t=102035

Ramey piece showing how incompetent Currie is
    There's a lot of chatter about Tee Martin tonight, so I thought I would address it here.

I was told Tee never had a ton of interest in the Tennessee job over the course of this search, but now that all of this stuff has gone down today, he does see this as an opportunity he could possibly take advantage of. The Tennessee opening certainly looks different now than it did 12 hours ago. But it's also worth noting that Jimmy Sexton is his agent, so a lot of that talk could be coming from Sexton trying to get his guy a head coach gig. But apparently Tee is keeping his eye on the movement at Tennessee. Whether the Vols would go down that road remains to be seen.

As much public backlash as there was today against the possibility of hiring Greg Schiano, there was just as much backlash among Tennessee donors. The big names, too, as in seven-figure donors. And with reports that Currie flew to Columbus and already had an MOU signed by both parties, you'd have to imagine he was taking this search where he wanted to take it without much meaningful input from those big-name donors. So they spoke up and spoke loudly.

There was similar backlash from a lot of former players, some voicing it on social media and others communicating amongst each other about how unhappy they were with the thought of Schiano being Currie's hire.

It feels like, as much as anything, it was the big donors and former players that forced Tennessee's hand this afternoon and eventually forced the Vols to walk away from what was a finalizing deal.

Despite the attention Tennessee's fanbase has gotten from national media today, saying the fan backlash made this fall apart. There were obviously a lot of factors in play.

With an MOU signed by both parties, questions that will have to be answered going forward are how much money, if any, that Tennessee owes Schiano and how this affects Currie's role going forward. It's hard to imagine he has the same support inside his own athletic department that he had at the beginning of the day, but that's just outside speculation at this point.

Darren Rovell, ESPN's Sports Business Reporter, said earlier on twitter that factors that would go into the money would be if the MOU was signed and executed and which party backed out first, or if it was mutual.

We reported Saturday that Currie went around to some select UTAD personnel seeking feedback on a handful of candidates, and the feedback on Schiano was unanimously negative, as it was described to me.

That sentiment seemed to be reflected when the Schiano leaks started this afternoon, with Currie in Columbus finalizing a deal while many UTAD employees were in the dark in Knoxville and not happy with the news.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Condredge for the win.

dc4utvols likes this.