Two possible endings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 27, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think we need to realize that HFC rarely ever leave a P5 gig once they have it. Fuentes is already making a mint at a place with far less scrutiny and a far less shittastic athletic department.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Justin Fuente would shove Bud Foster's lunch pail up John Currie's ass if we offered him this job right now.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not sure I agree. That gets you Dooley.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I think Sumlin gets out of the SEC. I can see him going to ASU where he doesn't have to worry about a defense.

5. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Only criteria missing here is being beaten like a drum by the coach we just fired. Maybe Schiano was the closest thing they could find to meeting these 3.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you're looking for a high paying assistant job with no pressure of getting fired, come work for Tee

7. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

I'm fragile. Is there any indication Currie is on his way out? Because "should be" apparently doesn't mean shit in Knoxville.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

if they let the "folks" in, it would have already happened.

9. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

We wouldn't fire Butch after he got his vagina blown apart 41-0 at home by UGA. Why the hell would we fire Currie just because he blew this in a mind-bendingly impossible fashion?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Currie shouldn’t be fired. He should resign. We shouldn’t owe him a dime

Oldvol75 likes this.
  11. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

This is what I believe, too, but I was hoping someone had a crumb of info to share. Office Depot order (possibly containing bankers boxes) arriving at the athletic offices? Certain tipsters strutting like McGregor down Volunteer Blvd?

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It does have to be a Tennessee staff and it doesn’t have to be rushed. Just take a few days, determine what options are actually available, and go from there. Stop panicking. Don’t sign anyone to an enormous deal. This won’t end well, but it doesn’t have to be something which guarantees failure for the next 10 years, either.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Still? No way.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

National media apparently is on his side. My guess nothing will happen to him and Tennessee trucks on being Tennessee.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Maybe there’s no chance at this point, but right now give me Brohm. Early returns are good, and if we can’t poach from Purdue, we’re probably off better with a year-long interim.

IP likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

C. Something worse

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Convince me Brohm has a better resume than Butch had. I have only given him a cursory look.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He actually played football, so there's that

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He beat Vanderbilt at Western Kentucky.

YankeeVol likes this.
  20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Has no pictures with a trumpet.

YankeeVol and A-Smith like this.