The Unofficial Lane Kiffin Poll

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Nov 27, 2017.

?

Should we hire Lane Kiffin?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    95.1%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I really believe that Kiffin would be the mfer that goes down as the Saban nemesis.

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I imagine the support would be even higher if you brought in Tee as OC.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

There's actually 2 different polls going at VN one is a simple "would you approve of LK", that one is at 87 % and 606 out of 693 votes

The other is would you hire Lane, yes, no or hire someone else. Hes at 84% in that one, 744 out of 882 votes.

I would say that VN is a pretty good representation of the fanbase at large, and seeing those numbers over there is a good indicator that the vast majority of people across the state and volnation would be fine with bringing him back.

Having said all that, the Haslams, like ESPN, hate us and it'll probably never happen now.

But this really needs to be our move if we want football to survive.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Holy shit... I know I'm way in the minority here but you guys have spent the last 10 plus years [itch bay]ing about UT being a national laughingstock. Bringing Kiffin back will turbocharge that. Having Kiffin shun UT and troll about it on Twitter will absolutely be the final H-bomb that makes Knoxville a smoking crater of college football nothingness.

When it happens, just remember... YOU brought this on. Not the media, not Currie, not Bammers. YOU. You did this.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hard for me to buy that the fan base would really be 80% on board. There are a lot of non-interneters out there that I think would hate it.

I also wonder how long the honeymoon would last for him here. There was a poll not too long ago that said pretty emphatically that Kiffin did more harm than Dooley or Butch. Could see people turning very quickly when he doesn’t produce immediate results with this 4-8 craphole.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. These polls represent mob mentality.

7. BigOrangeBeech

He would though. We'd see immediate improvement across the board. And the ones that wouldn't be on board with it is probably the older segment of the fanbase. The younger ones that aren't, would quickly jump back on board. This is where we are. He really is the best option at this point and I am 100% convinced of it.

ziv1173 likes this.
  8. BigOrangeBeech

Lol. At this point what difference does it make? We're already the laughing stock and will continue to be unless we hire someone that can actually win. Is Tee gonna come in here and lead us to 10 and 11 win seasons? I would love for it to happen but just don't see it. Kiffin at least has that potential.

9. Savage Orange

Even if he wins, we're still going to have to work to shake the perception that we're "disillusional", as Booger McFarland called us. Kiffin isn't going to do anything that will cause anyone to believe we are to be taken seriously and if we make the call to him and get shunned??!? Game over. We'll be looking up at hiring a coach like Tee at that point. We're royally [uck fay]ed, but at least we didn't hire a slug like Schiano... I'll at least say that.

10. BigOrangeBeech

Screenshot_20171128-071253.png

Jermaine Copeland tweeting about bringing Lane back with Tee.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. BigOrangeBeech

I, nor you, should care what Booger McBooger or anyone else says. And Kiffin will do something to cause others to take us seriously. First, he won't lose to Vandy and UK. Then he'll start winning the east, probably not next year, but will get us there

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Three 'No' votes.

Bass, the dumbass with the podcast, and ?????.

13. Savage Orange

What if Kiffin wants to bring Spawn of Art Briles with him? Don't you think that will put the lie to our righteous indignation over Schiano?

14. Savage Orange

Me. That would be me.

15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm sure they are more than familiar with what 2 inches looks like on a daily basis.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not going to happen.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

There would have to be some fence mending between Kiffin and Fulmer. I remember Fulmer didn't like him, but that could have been because Fulmers firing was the season before.

18. BigOrangeBeech

It won't. But it needs to.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think we all know that. We just know we aren’t going to like the actual outcome.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It won't happen because it is a good thing and we can't have good things.

A-Smith likes this.