Thoughts on Peyton...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 2, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Feels like a politician. Screw him for that. I’m a fan of the player, not this current incarnation.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Like everything else, I'd like to know the truth of his involvement. Not sure I will find out and not going to form an opinion until I do.

dc4utvols likes this.
  3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Any chance Peyton Manning Pass gets renamed?

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

None.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Needs to be changed to a weathervane.

Joseph Brant, Daddy Gee and A-Smith like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

None. He'll put out a statement in support of Phil and Phil's hire soon no doubt. All will be forgiven.

7. Savage Orange

I was jesting, but I never can remember that tone is hard to convey electronically.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of course. This will all be forgotten as he played the wrong team and lost.

It doesn't bother me really other than the shilling for Schiano. That hurts, as he obviously is more concerned about his future than UTs.

9. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'll never forget, he's tainted in my eyes... He was willing to submarine the program, the economy of E. TN and the reputation of the entire state for his own benefit.

vols85 and Savage Orange like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I do not think he saw it that way to be fair.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Then ole billboard forehead is a moron.

cpninja likes this.
  12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Solid

If the remaining boosters are united, then I think we can get back to being great. It's sad that in one of the most critical moment in 40 years one of our main boosters tried to sabotage the program using his toadie Currie. Totally inexplicable week that we just watched.

13. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I'd be very surprised if he was actually schilling for Schiano. Saying "I'll support this dumbass like I did Dooley and Butch since we're now stuck with him and I want us all help make TN Football better" I can see. Maybe I just have the blinders on and I'm completely wrong though.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Peyton Manning does love UT.

But never more than himself or his own interest.

A-Smith, cpninja and justingroves like this.
  15. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

If a bamer especially or some other dipshit says shit about peyton its time to fight.

If its a fellow vol, i will call peyton a piece of shit.

reVOLt likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

What kind of bizarro world do we live in when Bev Davenport is demonstrably more VFL than Peyton right now??!?

vols85 likes this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Both operated in their own self interest. Bev's just happened to align with us this time.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I get this and understand it. I don't necessarily even fault him for it. But the time of acting like he's a benevolent power player working on our behalf is over.

Savage Orange likes this.
  19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Whatever. If I had the money he had my life’s goal would be to make UT a dominant university in athletics and academics. My degree from and time spent at The University of Tennessee is huge part of my identity, and for him even more so.

reVOLt and vols85 like this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What could possibly be The Haslam’s and by extension Peyton’s motive for not wanting Gruden? That’s the part of this I don’t understand if Gruden wants to be here.