Blackburn vs. Bredesen

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 7, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's gonna be a doozy of a Senate race. Woo buddy!

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is clay travis really running?

3. CardinalVol

Doubtful.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think so, but honestly haven’t been following closely, at least not yet. And I also thought Trump would lose, so what do I know.

However, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Bredesen win every single county the last time he ran for governor? I also get the impression that he has an insane amount of money when compared to Blackburn.

5. CardinalVol

He did. Part of that was because the GOP waved the white flag very early and had to beg someone to run.

Two heavyweights running against each other. She'll have a lot of money as well. It'll be fun race to watch.

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Blackburn is a massive piece of shit, and unintelligent to boot. Her entire family is entitled trash with money.

JayVols, The Dooz and emainvol like this.
  7. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Count me in for Bredesen. Other than perhaps Cornelius Vanderbilt, it's difficult to think of someone more responsible for whatever prosperity we enjoy as a state.

awebb7 likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

Fincher is out and Corker may get back in the race. Lots of people are afraid Bredesen will mop the floor with her begging him to reconsider. Supposed to announce by Friday.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting

10. CardinalVol

Bredesen appeals to moderate Republicans, and to be honest, if it's him or Blackburn I'm going to weigh how much I care about GOP majority. I can't stand her.

lylsmorr likes this.
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Card, being a Blount Countian - what are your thoughts on Randy Boyd?

12. CardinalVol

I like him. Think he did a good job under Haslam and would be a good governor. Also think he's got his work cut out for him against Black.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wonder if Corker decides to stay in the Senate will he remain so outspoken towards Trump. There's been an epidemic among Republicans of speaking their minds against Trump only to have their balls shrivel up later on to kiss the ring. Romney is the latest.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, but Romney the candidate isn't Romney the senator. Trump is playing himself

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bredesen the senator probably won’t be Bredesen the governor either

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're right.

17. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Hmm, I find this site quite informative and also disheartening. So we have people who normally vote republican thinking about voting for Bredesen? I think ole Donny Sundquist was your version of a moderate republican and he nearly sold us out for an income tax.

So only in this state can pubs vote for a liberal like Bredesen. I had family that did. I dont do democrat. I will give him credit. He kept his word and fixed Tn Care without trying to go down the disastrous route of a state income tax. But the pubs began the takeover of the legislature at that time and kept him in check. Thats more than can be said about duplicitous Don who lied his way into re-election. But Don is the moderate republican many say they prefer. It probably took a dem gubner hemmed in by a pub legislature to fix TnCare without other dems rioting and throwing the whole reform process into chaos so maybe Bredesen was the right man for the time.

I will tell you I find DeJarlais past personal life disturbing but the man votes the right way.

We are 1 or 2 SCOTUS judges away from beginning to fix the rot and we have "pubs" thinking Bredesen is better than Blackburn? Why? Is he going to give us another Scalia or another Kennedy/Souter sell out? Blackburn will be solid on getting a conservative justice on the court.

So I must ask why the "pubs" on here dislike her? And which pubs who are enamored with Bredesen would vote for Corker if he came back? Very few. If Bredesen wins it will be because of pubs and thats no matter who runs against him.

I am Christian, originalist, conservative and republican in that order. When pubs in particular and Americans in general get back to the judeo-christian ethos then we can be great again.

" The Democratic Party turned its back on the majority of social conservatives during the 1960s. The New Republican Party of the late ’70s and ’80s must welcome them, seek them out, enlist them, not only as rank-and-file members but as leaders and as candidates....

And our cause must be to rediscover, reassert and reapply America’s spiritual heritage to our national affairs.

Then with God’s help we shall indeed be as a city upon a hill with the eyes of all people upon us." - Ronald Reagan

Unless someone better equipped to fulfill Reagan's vision comes along then I will back Blackburn.

18. CardinalVol

Because I've met and been around Blackburn and cannot stand her as a person. She's an opportunistic whore (with being a [itch bay] to boot) and if it ever leaked her and Trump did anything in the oval office I'd not be one bit surprised.

Would (and will) vote for Corker in a heartbeat. Would have voted Fincher over her.

Edit - my personal favorite was when she seemed appalled that a bunch of 20-something young Republicans couldn't afford a $250 a person fundraiser at her house.

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

Not sure I will find a better endorsement for Bredesen than this

JudgmentVol, fl0at_, NYY and 2 others like this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've never understood this idea of America having been great, could be great in the future, but never seeming to be great now.