In Memoriam: 17/18 Vols SEC Champs Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Screw the tourney. Regular season titles way better.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Alright ESPN, I don't need to see UK celebrate. ATL UTD game starts in there seconds. Let's go

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Bowden and Grant blew.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That should have been Bone and Daniel taking turns on that kid.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Calipari trying to pretend this shouldn’t have happened. Screw you idiot. TN has no NBA players. You have multiple. Sorry ass coaching lost you 4 in a row this year.

lylsmorr and A-Smith like this.
  6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

"youngest team ever" [uck fay] outta here

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Williams was silent in the first half.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bone at least. I’d also zone KY. They can’t shoot. Hard headed coaching pisses me off.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bowden blew for the last three weeks.

NEW COACH likes this.
  10. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Well it was an entertaining game just a bad outcome. This team doesn't give up.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Our matchups in the NCAAs will be everything. We better be a #3 seed and play in Nashville. We are good enough to be an Elite 8 team, if we have the right pathway, but we also aren't supremely talented enough to feel the second weekend is a near probable.

2 seeds I don't want to see are Duke and Purdue. I'd rather have a shot at Cincinnati or North Carolina.

10SEvols likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I feel better about the Big Dance than I ever have. Kentucky hit us with everything they had and we hung tough. Ky is a very good team right now.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Man, if you add up the missed free throws and the stupid mistakes, this game was a win. Tough pill.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Ideal scenario was the Nashville 3 seed. Let's see how it goes.

A-Smith and 10SEvols like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't think that hurt us today.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Twice Grant didn’t catch easy entry passes and they rolled out of bounds. And airballed in the paint with the game on the line.

Not sure why Bowden even gets minutes anymore. There’s 4 better 3 point shooters on the team right now.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It felt like today was a day in which playing so deep into the bench worked against us. But I hadn't really seen it hurt us so much until today.

I hope Pons develops some sort of offensive game, but right now he is absolutely a liability.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Schofield injury took him out of his game. I think we would have had it - which is amazing given the first half.

That would have been the first in my lifetime.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Williams is a surprisingly weak inside shooter. He has no touch. Too flat. FTs too much arc. Makes no sense.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sucks. I hate Kentucky. But it took a shitty shooting first half and them shooting lights out to beat us.

This probably, long term, helps more than hurts.

A-Smith and IP like this.