Kiffin talks about Pruitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Mar 30, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

“Jeremy’s going to do a great job there. I would not be shocked if it’s not going to be just like Georgia. Looking at Tennessee back in the Top 10 within two years and making a Playoff run,” Kiffin said.

“Phenomenal recruiter, arguably the best defensive coordinator in all of college football and a great teacher. He was a high school coach, anytime that you have to teach guys at that level, you don’t get all five-stars,” Kiffin continued. “Just being around him, I sat next to him every day in staff meetings, he’s extremely intelligent, high school coaches love him — which will go a long ways in recruiting.

“Tennessee is going to be back really soon.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...tennessee-playoff-contender-within-two-years/

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can’t take Kiffin seriously when talking UT

zehr27 and chavisut like this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think he’s talking more about Pruitt

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Lane Kiffin thanks Tennessee fans following the John Currie document release

The emails, of course, showed several suggestions and opinions of who the first year AD should consider, but what Olson found was that a majority of fans who had reached out to Currie wanted him to go after one man: Lane Kiffin.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Kiffin did what he wanted to do when he left for SC, and that's fine, but I think he really knows this is a special place and could have been a heck of a ride had he stayed. I think, given the opportunity he'd have come back in a heartbeat.

I could be wrong about All of that, of course, but JMO, FWIW, IIRC, TBH, FYI

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm pretty certain he would have come back.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't trust him to stay around for long. A west coast team comes calling, rinse, repeat.

zehr27 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

But you make sure the contract is lucrative for UT if that happens. Well, not UT admin. But you know, smart people.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. BigOrangeBeech

I remember listening to so many people talk about the coaching search when it was going on, and I remember the local guys here in Nashville asking Low who Tennessee should contact in his opinion and without missing a beat be said Lane Kiffin. He got laughed at a little, but he never backed off of it.

11. BigOrangeBeech

And that's a very fair stance to take on it. I wouldn't blame anyone that felt this way, and honestly I couldnt say I wouldn't be a little worried if we'd taken him back that he might jump ship again, but I'm like IP, make it nearly impossible for him to leave.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont dislike him. Was more fired up than most when he was hired. But he [uck fay]ed us, rationalized or not, so I didnt and dont want him back. Good football mind but will always be concerned about character and the players he chooses to recruit, and a few of his methods.

zehr27 likes this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Kiffin was responsible for one of the most enjoyable seasons I have had in a long time.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wanted him back, but this is fair.

15. Ssmiff

Unfortunately I was at the ucla, ole miss and Vtech games that year and those were 3 pretty miserable outings.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha, I was at the WKU, Auburn and UGA games. The Auburn loss, you could see the light switch go on for Crompton

Ssmiff likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

I look forward to seeing more play action quick rollouts to the opposite side and hitting the TE's again, He helped Crompton a lot with those types of calls, with rhythm throws to big targets. We will see that again for first time in years.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2nd half Auburn through halftime of Memphis State, I'm not sure he could have gotten any more out of his talent. He was on fire.

I think he just threw for another TD pass against Memphis State.

19. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I will always get a laugh out of Kiffin shoving Crompton to the ground after the fumble return for a TD against Vandy.

IP and justingroves like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was at those 3. Actually went to 11 of the 13 that year. Career high.

UCLA should’ve been a win anyway but we hadn’t figured things out yet.
    Ole Miss, I think that was the first game all year they decided to give the ball to McCluster. Still waiting on us to tackle him.
    VA Tech was just a bad matchup. That bunch was 1 bad loss out of the BCS. Still if Denarius Moore had caught that pass, might’ve been a footbal game