The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Reese's Pieces and York are my biggest weaknesses. I used to get the 48oz bags of RP to have at the house at all times, but finally broke the habit 7 months ago. I still get the peppermint patties from time to time, though.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Spread peanut butter on a fudge round. You're welcome.

Reese's Pieces are all time.

justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

and put in the microwave 10 to 15 seconds

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You guys are making me think hard about a stop at Food City on the way home.

Stop it.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Down 10 pounds in two weeks.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Oh man, that sucks dude. I'm definitely aware that the shoulder is the most fragile of joints, and I've heard more than a few people tell me I should stop lifting weight over my head.

I do it anyway. Hopefully I won't end up in a similar situation, but I wonder if it's inevitable.

8. kidbourbon

The reese's eggs/pumpkins/trees etc. that they do for holidays are significantly better than the regular reese's cups and, for my money, are the finest candy product on the market. It's a good thing those things are insanely overpriced, or I'd pound them on the reg.

I have much more of a dairy tooth than a sweet tooth, though. If you have yogurt in your fridge, and you value the continued existence of said yogurt in said fridge, don't invite me over. I will definitely eat all your yogurt. I can't even buy yogurt anymore, because however much yogurt I buy I will eat as soon as I get home from the grocery store. Every. Single. Time. Have I ever not pounded all the gogurt at my brother's house, even knowing it's for my niece and nephew? Not once. I will pound said gogurt and deal with the shaming later.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Beat my old 5K pr by a little more than 30 seconds this morning. I was surprised and quite pleased.

kidbourbon and gcbvol like this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Read it as beat my 5 year old for 30 seconds this morning.

Briefly considered making you a mod.

NYY, kmf600, RockyHill and 2 others like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Great work, my man!

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I no longer have a 5 year old. Beating my 15 year old for 30 seconds would be leaving some satisfaction on the table.

kmf600 likes this.
  13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Congrats on the PR. My next 5k will be my first.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My first was at 40.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Finally started lifting weights again. Nothing overhead and minimal chest exercises to work around this shoulder problem. It is very difficult to get back into lifting once you take a long break. Simple push/pull routine for balance and strength

16. kidbourbon

Nice

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Another week, another 5k, another PR, but I can't count this one. The Garmin said it was a bit short, but I'm still pleased with the effort. It's the first time I've ever chased a cop car for three miles. I lead the whole race finishing a couple of minutes or so ahead of second place.

Yes, this is unabashed bragging at this point, but I am aware that my time would not hold up to win more than age group or masters in the majority of races I've entered.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Great stuff, War. Congrats!

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hammer, how much weight have you lost total?

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm still down around 135 to 140 lbs. I was down to 188 from 333, but I've gained a bit back to 195 or so.