The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

R. Lee Ermey. Famous for Full Metal Jacket

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn.

"Your parents have any children that lived?!?"

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Art Bell gone. Fitting that he went on Friday the 13th.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Damn. Not Art!!

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, it is

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was originally just a consultant on the film until Kubrick saw him dress down people, then he got the role and free reign to do as he wanted.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Harry Anderson, damn. Night Court is so underrated. He was also terrific in the tv version of “It.”

TangoUniform likes this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He had his own sitcom for a little bit maybe 25 years ago. I watched a few episodes.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He also had a few appearances on Cheers over the years. If I remember correctly he played a con man who came into the bar every now and then.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was him.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

RIP Avicii. Levels is still one of those tracks on my bad day rotation.

12. chef65

chef65 Contributor

It sounds like he drank like Christopher Hitchens without the genetics to live to 60.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Mini me. Verne Troyer

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tragic figure. I remember when he was on some reality show and was stark raving mad on it. Riding on his scooter drunk and naked, peeing on things.

Apparently in psychiatric facility earlier this month, and it was not voluntary.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I remember that show, didn't know about the facility. Sad.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Tim Bergling, (aka Avicii), dead at 28. RIP.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

'Superman' actress Margot Kidder dies at age 69

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It’s a shame Christopher Reeve isn’t still with us, so he could reverse the Earth’s rotation and bring her back. In seriousness, it is kind of odd and sad that the Superman and Lois Lane I grew up with are both dead.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Billy Cannon

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Michael Whitehead, a Tennessee defensive lineman and letterman from 1985-87, died unexpectedly in Murfreesboro on May 18. He was 52. A native of Americus, Ga., Whitehead was an all-state lineman. He came to UT in 1985 after a season at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M. He was credited with 35 tackles, 26 assists and 12 sacks. At Tennessee, he wore No. 91 and played at 6-foot, 237 pounds. He had his career-defining moment on Nov. 21, 1987, at Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington, Ky. Late in the game, Tennessee led 24-20, but Kentucky had the ball in the shadow of the Tennessee end zone.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...ee-vols-against-kentucky-1987-dies/641552002/