Finding Hitler

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 17, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My bad. Forgot not to share my opinion.
    Geeeez.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like pretty civil discussion so far. I don't even disagree with the notion that the plane went down as per the official narrative.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What was the situation with cockpits back then? Were they fairly secure if the door was closed? I'm thinking they weren't, but have been upgraded since.

4. Ssmiff

Cuck Fival

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, I think the doors were just wooden doors with simple latches on them. After 9/11 they were beefed up.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And how many terrorists with knives were on the flight? It seems like if a serious rescue attempt was really made, it would have succeeded.

7. NorrisAlan

15 conspirators (if I remember), four planes, so ~4 per plane. Very plausible that the charging of the cockpit would have caused the terrorists to simply nose the plane into the ground.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That seems likely. The attempt to save the plane being thwarted, the terrorists maintaining control, and the government somehow learning of these developments and shooting it down doesn't seem plausible.

Actually, making the cockpit impenetrable almost seems like it could make the plane more vulnerable. You get one hostage at the door of the cockpit and say you are going to kill her if they don't open up... Then once you are in, you've got the plane all to yourself. Maybe the passengers muster up the courage to launch a counterattack, but I'd say that probably takes a minute and it's too little too late.

9. Ssmiff

If planes in the sky and people on the ground witnessed erratic flight behavior as people tried to take the plane over, why would a fighter jet and missle with a trail and sound with a mid air explosion not be seen?

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

11. NorrisAlan

There have been several plane incidents since 9/11, and all of them have been pretty much the passengers beating up the person trying to do whatever he was going to do. I don't think we will ever see plane hostage taking as a viable terrorist plot again. The passengers just will not sit back while you threaten someone with a box cutter.

12. NorrisAlan

13. OrangeEmpire

Comments section, always the comment section

14. OrangeEmpire

Any who, whole heartedly believe Cheney ordered the plane down while he was tucked away at Mt Weather.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just a partition with a latch, and were usually open. Remember, they had to retrofit all the planes to have a solid door only opened from inside

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who witnessed anything? I think some saw/heard the plane moments before impact, but I don't know of anyone claim ing to see it clearly.

17. OrangeEmpire

Volnation had a great thread about Flight 93.

18. Ssmiff

I recall reading that other planes in the air and people on the ground saw the plane flying erratic before plummeting. But who knows. Maybe what I read wasn't true. Can't tell anymore

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I have a good buddy who was a fighter pilot and then retired as a pretty high ranking officer in the Chair Force. He swears up and down it was shot down. Not sure that proves anything as that stuff would be classified above his range anyway.

But that’s my $0.02.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think your position is as rational as mine, we are just chatting.