Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Well, I thought Dunkirk kindof sucked.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Go on

3. OrangeEmpire

My expectation level for Deadpool 2 is far too high and quite frankly, it scares me.

IP and warhammer like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's going to be good, don't set yourself up expecting to be as surprised as you were by the 1st

5. OrangeEmpire

I can’t help it

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Juar disappointed. Expected big. Not sure why Germany only had one plane and didnt take out those leisure boats. One scene so,bad graphically with a plane flying over rhe beach looked like a middle schooler edited it with a phone.

7. OrangeEmpire

Loved Deadpool 2

Got to the point where I couldn’t breath twice.

1. The x force parachute jump

2. Then at the end, I told my guys that [uck fay]ing Peter better you know and you know happened

8. OrangeEmpire

Then I do the library line all the time

After that line my oldest leans over and she whispers to me.....perfection

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Deadpool franchise is comic book perfection. I loved it as well. So many surprises, the best jokes weren't in the trailer, many callbacks without it feeling like the whole thing was recycled. And, once again, they leave you anticipating the next.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It also helps that Wade Wilson is Ryan Reynolds.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw DP2 with the wife last night. It was a notch below the original, but still a great movie. The wife wasn't as pleased, but she didn't get all of the references.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just caught a matinee for Deadpool 2. I liked it, thought it was funny, and I'll leave it at that.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Came here to post something else, but how my comment survived with no witty banter makes me think you fellows either just don't like me or you're collectively scared of my wife. Or, am I the only one with a mind this far in the gutter?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot comment on this post or your original for fear of your wife.

warhammer likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I got on Prime Music today which suggested I listen to a Prince track from the Batman soundtrack. Being a fan of both Batman and Prince, I complied with the order from the electronic minion of Bezos. That got me to thinking, are there any rumors of Michael Keaton returning as Batman? I mean why not? Every male actor with a pulse seems to have a rumor out there about being Batman. Turns out there has been some chatter about this tied to a telling of the Batman Beyond storyline. I liked what the guy below had to say about it. I mean Keaton was a good Batman at the time and his performance holds up well compared to anyone who followed. The world needs this movie(s) to happen. It just does.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody. Freddie Mercury was an even stranger bird than I originally thought, but the man is one of the best rock musicians of all time.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How inappropriate is it for a 12 year old? My youngest and a couple of her friends want to watch it

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Personally, I wouldn’t take a 12 year old to see it.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

10-4

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lots of drugs and sex?