Finding Hitler

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 17, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah I wasnt being serious.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Dibs on the Air Force now being referred to as the Chair Force.

Amen, brother. Amen.

NYY likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The only other conspiracy theory I give legitimacy to is that we knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor and needed an excuse to get in the war officially.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lot of weird things that can give credence to this, which is what makes it so interesting and believable. The fact that all of our aircraft carriers were out to sea that day is what shortened the war tremendously.

That said, I am not sure it makes sense, as an attack we "don't know about" and an attack we "do know about" still gets us into the war.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got to have a rallying cry.

Surprise attack out of blue wins the psychological war with the people quicker. Not sure being ready to stop an attack has the same effect.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there could be elements of truth to that, but I don't think they expected the hit to pearl Harbor like that. They expected it to be holdings in the phillipines, java, etc. Not a sinking of so many ships within pearl Harbor.

We could have got run to the mainland, had midway and coral sea not played out like they did. And no one knew carrier tactics would play out that way either.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Japanese were not very effective with their subs, either. They didn't practice total war doctrine until late, because they didn't think it was worth the torpedo and opportunity cost to sink merrant ships much of the time.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think FDR knew that they’d attack us on our restrictions on goods but didn’t know all the details.

IP likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Thought he died in the river with Ice Cube but when he stood from his wheelchair after the bombing, I knew he was pissed

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The CIA facilitating the crack trade of the 80s is one of the very few I believe.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is a new one to me. What was the CIA's reasoning for doing this?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am guessing there is nuance to that one too. I don't think the CIA invented crack or introduced it to the AA community. I do think they used it as a tool and had a role in it's growth in prevalence.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fun conspiracy: government intelligence agencies spawned many obviously fake conspiracies to poison the validity of the term and deflect from real ones.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think the theory is that they basically used the money or helped another group use the money to manage a political coup that was advantageous to the US.

15. Tenacious D

I believe this.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He wasn’t at Mt. Weather. Cheney was in the whitehouse bunker with Rice and others.

The only person that actually went to Mt. Weather was Denny Hastert.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe the CIA makes a nice coin off of the drug war.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Sicario

19. Tenacious D

And it was W who personally gave the order to shoot down any non-compliant aircraft. When he first heard about Flight 93, he thought it was shot down as a result of his order.

OrangeEmpire likes this.
  20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Yes darling, it was from the blog

Fishing :p