Rumor: Butch to Alabama

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Feb 26, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Butch could have put every ounce he had in football and still would be a dumbass who couldn’t coach.

justingroves and RockyHill like this.
  2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Probably right, but my point had more to do with the fact he placed more value on being a con man than a football coach.

3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

He was a con man from the opening press conference. “Best staff in America.” Shew that was a sign of things to come.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Butch was better in some ways early on. The problem was his sleight of hand and carnival barking only prolonged his time as coach allowing his level of stupidity and suck to become as damaging as Dooley and worse for the program.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Reminds me of someone else, in a higher office.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This is why I can't have friends, they always use this pendejo's bullshit quotes against me.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch Jones story just heard on the radio. There is no way this isn’t true. Apparently during last year’s Florida game Butch takes his headset off and places it around his neck, so he can go scream his purple head off at the officials. He forgets, however, that in such a position, although his ears are free, the mouthpiece is still in the vicinity of his mouth. So he’s screaming a bunch of crap at the refs. Meanwhile, Larry Scott is up in the booth trying to call in the play, but can’t be heard over a stream of idiotic profanity. Scott is screaming “shut the [uck fay] up!” But of course Butch has his headset off his ears and can’t hear him. No play gets called in. Dormady takes a timeout. Butch loses his shit, puts the headset on and proceeds to cuss Larry Scott out for wasting a TO.

TangoUniform likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm pretty sure Butch didn't know how timeouts worked

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Definitely believable

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Must have thought he had a bonus in contract where he got to collect on any unused ones at the end of the season.

warhammer likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope after this season we can look back on this mother[uck fay]er and laugh.

I cannot believe I lived to see our program hire such a complete buffoon.

TangoUniform likes this.
  14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I can't be friends with anyone that can laugh about Butch Jones being our head football coach

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

While the story is funny, I was so hoping to see confirmation that he would be on bammer's sideline Saturday.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Swain on Finebaum had a good line on Butch just now, “You can’t polish a turd, and that’s what we had.”

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have two things that come to mind right now, [uck fay] Butch Lyle Jones, and [uck fay] Alabama too

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Unbelievable