POLITICS Democrats on Illegals / Children

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

1. She's not the type of immigrant he, or I, is referring, unless she came up from Mexico or Central America as an asylum seeker or otherwise. Don't be dense. You know he knows nothing of these people he's playing with.

2. Damn, shouldn't you try and work the argument a bit before such a manipulative reach in logic? He said, "some, I suppose, are good people". So, would you characterize the people coming to the border as rapists, criminals and drug deal and just some are good people or would you characterize them as something other than this?

3. Since people are coming here because of economic and safety conditions in their homeland, I don't know, perhaps work with these countries to effectively combat those push reasons?

4. Democrat don't want open borders. Made up position.

2. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I apologize in advance but...

How much credit do you give yourself for being born in the US? Is it possible for you to imagine yourself as a Honduran or would that violate the laws of physics?

How should we go about instilling an unwavering reverence for the immigration statutes of this country in all denizens of the planet such that they'd rather die than commit a misdemeanor?

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Birth in US: I neither assign any credit to myself for being born here, nor prejudice to anyone who wasn’t.

2. Honduras: I’ve been there, so imagining it isn’t hard. Is the plight of the Honduran people my concern? Says who? Why must it be mine? Why not Mexico’s, Latvia’s, Sweden’s, or best, Honduras’?

3. Simple - stop rewarding their illegal activity in crossing our border by allowing to go unpunished and to remain. We have a system of legal immigration, and they should avail themselves of it. Exactly as thousands do each year.

What makes Hondurans so damned much more special than, say, Kenyans? Surely you won’t argue that they’re somehow more special and should be allowed greater or more immediate access to the US simply because they were lucky enough to be born in a place with contiguous access to the US, and the Kenyan was not, right?

Do you give more credit to the person lucky enough to be born in Honduras, instead of Kenya - or does your “lucky” metric only apply to those born in the US?

4. Tenacious D

1. His wife is an immigrant. We agree.

2. Sorry - did you answer my question? Are rapists, drug dealers and criminals not illegally crossing our border?

3. Wait, what? Explain to me how the economic plight of anyone beyond the US is - or should be - the US’ concern. Walk me through the exact steps that you believe exist, and which make the plight of other nations and their people, the US’ concern. Because I don’t believe it exists, nor should it.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Seeking asylum is a legal process, though.

The “came through gate A vs gate B” is made up garbage, meant to hinder a legal request.

But let’s take it this way, instead:

If the law says “no immigration allowed,” and there is no illegal immigration, are you happy, or do you think we need immigration reform?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh shit, I think this is a trap

7. Tenacious D

An argument doesn’t become “garbage” because you simply don’t like or agree with it.

Where have I ever said that someone can’t seek / apply for asylum? Ever?

I don’t want the law to prohibit legal immigration, at all. Ever. But I want those who come here to not violate the law in doing so, and to have all of the rights and protections that the same laws will afford and ensure that they enjoy.

This illegal workforce is just a fancier, more modern and more economically viable form of slavery, IMO.

8. Tenacious D

Not for me, it’s not.

9. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Current conditions in northern Central America (bar Belize) are far worse than in Kenya. A better analogy would be Somalia or the DRC. I believe our obligation is to take care of our "neighbors" first before looking to other parts of the world. Someone in El Salvador is going to find it impossible to reach Germany just as a Somali probably won't make it to Florida but could have success in Italy.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was. You're in it.

11. fl0at_

That’s fine, but how do you get the word out about “the law” before they arrive here, so as not to violate “the law,” while attempting to be lawful?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Facebook

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whats the deal with the Time magazine cover being more fake news?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. Tenacious D

16. fl0at_

They were just joking anyway.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Seth Rich is laughing somewhere

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

"More fake news" implies this wasnt a one time thing. Cmon man. If you cant trust Time magazine and CNN, who can you trust?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Facebook

GahLee and Tenacious D like this.