PREDICT: TN vs WVU (Prediction thread)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

I left Tennessee at about 10 years old and later found myself in West Virginia for 21 years. As a kid I still remember how full of crap WVU fans were in the mid 90s and it was a real turnoff to ever giving a flip about the Eers. WVU’s claim to fame is losing the national championship to Notre Dame… only rivaled by almost making it to the championship, but losing to an awful Pitt team. To this day it’s not hard to find panoramic photos from that ND game in restaurants and offices there. Sad.

I’ve talked so much smack to them over the years. At one point they had the nation’s longest bowl losing streak at 8. They have the distinction of losing 25 staight to Pedophile State, with a total of 48 losses to 9 wins. We’re talking Kentucky/Vandy level stuff here. The people of West Virginia are good, hardworking people, but the delusional WVU fans are unbearable… with no good reason to be that way. Congrats on becoming mildly relevant when all the good to decent teams left the Big East I guess?

It used to be easy trashing them, as the VOLS were consistently near the top. I also didn’t have to worry about them ever playing one another so I was free to be as mean as I wanted to be. But fast forward to the Decade of Dumb and I’ve had to keep tight lipped for a long time now. I guess I’ve deserved the abuse they’ve given back to me. In a normal world UT blows them out as the couch burning, spirit-finger first down chanting, bottom feeding losers they are. Thanks to Butch, Dooley, Shart, etc., we’ve been living in hell and this game isn’t a gimme at this time.

I don’t want a win tomorrow, I NEED a win tomorrow. I think the good guys find a way to do it, but I can see it going the other way as well. First game and all, matchups. I wish this was game three and we opened with some Southwest Directional Tech school. With all that said, I wish WVU had joined the SEC over Mizzou. This would be a fun rivalry for not just us, but also for UK, SC, AU, UGA, and UF. They screwed themselves by joining the Big 12. Their fans can’t easily travel to local conference games. In fact, the closest conference team to Morgantown is Iowa State… 13 driving hours away. Sucks to be them.

IP, justingroves, VolDad and 3 others like this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I like that expression .

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Nannerpuss likes this.
  3. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Steal it and use it. They deserve continuous ridicule.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2018
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Welcome and post more!

Nannerpuss likes this.
  5. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Hey thank you. I've been around since at least 2014 I think, but all of my older posts are gone. I post rarely and typically just enjoy reading the thoughts of all the poor miserable bastards here.

Ssmiff and justingroves like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Masochistic?!?

Nannerpuss likes this.
  7. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

Hell yeah! But I share the pain. Everyone else here is good about articulating it, I just nod in agreement. It's like group therapy for people that ONLY want the VOLS to be awesome again before we all get old and die. Honestly, I just want to enjoy watching games with my dad again before someday comes and we can't.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

WVU 34
    UT 29

Chlymidia hits 5 fg + 2 tds. UT throws 3 picks. Less than 3 picks and maybe

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

had a vision last night of Alontae jumping a route for a pick 6 going right to left on the tv

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think he's looking at a couple of defensive and/or special teams scores too

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Complete homer pick, Tennessee 41 WVU 24, WVU scores a meaningless TD in the 4th

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

WVU-33
    UT-20

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Per Twitter we are outnumbered. Hard to believe but even Vol Fans saying it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think we are who we were last year or the last few years. Maybe it does take more time. Maybe it doesn't. Vols by 21.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hard to believe we would be outnumbered. They have had big things predicted for them for the first time in forever, so they might just be a lot more visible and fired up.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lots of UT folk on planes right now. I was sent a text a little while ago of an entire plane singing Rocky Top. One Nashville one 1.5 hours delayed. We are worldwide. WV rolled down in their pedo vans

17. GahLee

Hahahahha

18. GahLee

I imagine all of West Virginia is related to Jesco White.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not worried about being outnumbered at 10 in the morning.

warhammer, NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A buddy just texted me they had a plane full too. I'll vouch for you