POLITICS Lindsey 2.0

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’d still vote him over Hillary.

He simply can not control his compulsion to be a dickhead. He increases the temperature of every [uck fay]ing discussion. If it were possible to limit him to only pre-approved, rehearsed speech prior to any public appearances, and an editor for all tweets, this thing might fine and [uck fay]ing dandy.

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

You got what you paid for.

Question is do you vote for Dem X in 2020 or do you hold your nose and keep the course. i.e. conservative courts, tax cuts , maybe a wall, deregulation, scaling back the scope of national government etc?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Oh, my sweet summer child.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yep, allowed appointment of his guy.

5. Tenacious D

Yes, that’s called “resigning” in legal terms, IIRC.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Like Fulmer “resigned” in 2005.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude's more of a sour abortion.

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

fired ...resigned ...two ways of saying he is gone...I like him but he just wasn't a good fit at AG in this environment. Trump should have known better as Sessions has always been too soft spoken and genteel to have helped clean out the swamp. Andrew McCarthy now that's my pick. He might be a dud but he might also have Hillary, Lerner, Comey, McCabe et al behind bars by 2020. This would be just in time for the Sanders/Cortez ticket to run on pardoning them along with free chocolate milkshakes for all for life.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fake news

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This a terrible troll job because none of them are going to jail.

11. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

You are probably right about them not going to jail but the odds go up significantly with McCarthy as AG. That is unless he doesn't actually believe what he writes. But his prosecution of terrorists leads me to conclude that he is genuine in his expositions.

I think I am the only one mentioning his name for AG so it will be the usual slow motion foot dragging.

But until its someone else I can dream.

The left's heads would explode just on indictments alone. Convictions would lead to Antifa level violence or worse. Dems in congress would break out in hives, rent their clothes and self flagellate . CPANs ratings would soar and I could reflect fondly on such a time much as I do 1994 . Man how I miss Fred Thompson and Newt Gingrich.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Warren issuing an apology for taking the DNA test today. I didn’t look in detail but it seems she’s had the conversations to now understand why the Cherokee would not be happy with the assertions she was making.

IP and Tenacious D like this.
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Warren went on to explain that she immediately regretted sending the test off and almost called the lab to request they return it, but didn't want to come across as an Indian giver.

Beechervol, justingroves, MWR and 7 others like this.
  14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Well played.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She ended the presser by mentioning that she had forgotten to make reservations for Super Bowl tickets and was hoping someone in the press knew a good scalper. Warren insisted that the only scalper she knew dealt exclusively in Redskins tickets.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's screw ups like that which truly chill me to the bone. That someone as powerful as a senator who should know better clearly didn't, and no one around her told her or knew better either.

17. Tenacious D

In fairness to her - I actually don’t hate Warren - she was just trying to quell a shit storm. Less powerful people, with much fewer at stake, have done much dumber things.

She’s right to admit it, apologize and move on.