TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah I’m just playing. It works for me. We need a QB coach to tutor Bo Nix and it would appear this guy can competently coach quarterbacks.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Color me underwhelmed...

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

4. Savage Orange

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pruitt is either a genius on this coaching search or he’s way over his head and we’ll be looking for a new head coach and AD soon.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll be more shocked id it's not Yurcich than I ever was of Freeze.

TIFWIW

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah.
    Got that feeling late last week.

8. Savage Orange

I got it about midway through the second quarter of the Vanderbilt game...

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's "way over his head" but I hope not

zehr27, tvolsfan, RockyHill and 2 others like this.
  10. Savage Orange

Me too, because I don’t want to have to endure another coaching search any time soon but I’m losing confidence in Pruitt by the hour...

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Been trying not to think this.

12. Savage Orange

At this point, just about the only hire he could make that would restore faith in his ability to attract top shelf coaches would be Briles... if he comes back with some Randy Sanders mess or coach GoogleMe he won’t be long for Knoxville.

reVOLt likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think Pruitt is trying to get it right. But, based on the style of coaches that he’s interviewed, it doesn’t seem that he knows what kind of offense he wants to run, and that’s increasingly worrisome.

I also wonder how much of his time is being spent in closing out this recruiting class, and frankly, which may be a higher priority for him / this team. Not only did he get Bailey’s commitment without an OC, but he just had #1 WR Haselwood on campus this weekend - so it’s obviously not killing us right now.

As fans, we want to know who the next OC is going to be, and obsess over it, but it may not be the top priority right now.

I’ve also got my doubts, for sure, but think that things are in play that we don’t know - and that there is a bigger / grander plan than what it may now appear. I personally think (read: am guessing) that he’s talking to people beyond those names being mentioned, or that there’s a candidate that he’s waiting on before filling this spot.

Still, I don’t blame anyone else who may be growing increasingly concerned.

He has to make the right hire. Has. To.
    If he lands the right guy, nobody will remember or care how the process played out.

Just my $.02

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

No offensive coordinator worth a darn is going to come to a talent depleted Tennessee team with a high school offensive line and take orders from Pruitt. He’s not going to let an outsider fully install their offense here.

Pruitt is taking his lumps in this search. Freddie Kitchens or Will Friend is what I’m still expecting.

15. Savage Orange

I’m just not ready to give him that much credit at this point... he really hasn’t proven that he deserves it yet. If he DOES make a hire that really works out I’ll be more than happy to pour some hot sauce on that plate of crow but until then I haven’t seen enough to warrant any more optimism.

16. Savage Orange

If it’s Kitchens I could definitely get behind that but he’s going to have much better offers than UT to consider...

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I think Kitchens would be a good hire. I don't like that he's another Alabama guy, and I don't think he's leaving the NFL, but if he comes it'll work.

18. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Baker Mayfield has a good game and now Kitchens is a hot commodity...get outa here.

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. Savage Orange

My thought also. Why TF would Kitchens come here when he could stay in the NFL...

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

It might get ugly