TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Then I may [itch bay] a little if that's the hire.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That was my knee jerk response also, but the guy knows his stuff apparently. Unlike the other CMU guy that we suffered.

3. Savage Orange

Don’t know much other than what I’ve read in the past 5 minutes but a no huddle uptempo offense would be interesting. His offenses have put up strong numbers. It’d be a low splash hire for sure but if he could duplicate his production here I think it could work out. I’d give it a fair shake.

Edit. On further examination I have to give him a thumbs down. He had a couple of good seasons but overall isn’t what we’re looking for, especially considering the money we have to spend on the position...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Eh. Id take that 1.2 mil and look somewhere else.

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Was he the OC this season? They were at the bottom of country in ppg and pts per play.

JAllen18MVP likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Yep. They were awful. He also got fired as the HC from N Michigan... might want to keep looking. He put up good numbers at some point along the way but one or two good seasons doesn’t warrant an SEC OC’s paycheck...

7. Savage Orange

Not that I have any inside info or anything but it almost appears as though Pruitt has said “[uck fay] it” on the OC search and decided to concentrate on recruiting.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

May honestly be more important right now

tvolsfan and Savage Orange like this.
  9. Savage Orange

Agreed. Getting good (or better yet, great) players is a higher priority currently. The coaching can get worked out later if need be. I realize that they go hand in hand and folks want to know who their coaches are going to be but if the talent isn’t coming in it almost doesn’t matter who the coaches are...

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The OC for 1-11 CMU? That’d be worse than Larry Scott or that swimming coach.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Based on?

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's hugely important

13. Savage Orange

About 3-1/2 minutes of internet research... it’s why I threw the “apparently” disclaimer in there. Further investigation has shown that he’s a flash in the pan at best. Had a couple of good seasons but a few more that were.... awful...

NEW COACH likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only thing that makes sense is he's got his guy and he's not taking time off to come back and do a press conference

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seems a likely scenario. I just don't know how you recruit top offensive recruits without them knowing the OC.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

Which I’m perfectly fine with, if that’s the case. As much as we’d love to believe otherwise, Pruitt doesn’t answer to the fan base.

17. Savage Orange

This is the quote that I saw when I googled the name to begin with....

“Chris Ostrowsky's offense proved to be explosive, efficient and exciting to watch in 2017, his first season at Central Michigan's offensive coordinator. Utilizing an uptempo, no-huddle set, the Chippewas averaged more than 389 yards per game, including 255.7 yards through the air.”

His profile is no longer on the CMU website page... the more I poked around, the less impressed I was...

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Or they can't announce it until "x" happens.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Would we be happy or not?

20. Savage Orange

With that production? Hell to the yes! I just don’t think he’d be able to do that here based on his overall career numbers.