TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I dont know why he has made the comments he has unless it come straight from Fulmer. Outside Pruitt no one would be more in touch with what's going on.

If Fulmer didnt want what few nuggets Matthew's has dropped public, I firmly believe Doug honors that.

Doug doubled down on his original comments from last week today.

Since the Freeze talk died off you have had 2 names floated by the regulars. The last one was interviewed last Fri according to some. Since then the speculation is Briles is going to FSU and more than not dont think Yurcich is coming here.

There have been no new names that I'm aware that have surfaced since Yurcich.

UT spent 1.2 on Helton. If they wanted a hire and be on to finishing the early signing class it would be done.

Riding with Doug til he wrecks.

If we trot out William and Mary's WR coach.........well.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Refresh my memory... what does Matthews say?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

reiterated today what he said previously -

“They know who they are going to hire. There may be a couple of things to work through. And the priority right now is recruiting and not the OC hire.”- Doug Mathews

lylsmorr and Savage Orange like this.
  4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

How can you recruit without an offense?

VolDad likes this.
  5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Eric Grey sure seems to want an OC in place before he commits. Can’t imagine that there aren’t other offensive guys we are in on that feel the same.

6. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Name popping up on other boards is Rush Propst. Too many pages to sort through here. Any news on that?

His team plays for State championship tonight.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The University of Tennessee Volunteers have become the world leader in shitshows. It has turned the corner for me, from me getting pissed off about the level of incompetence, to just shaking my head and laughing.

chef65 and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Gerry Faust must’ve turned us down.

PilotFlyingJ, tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt got Bailey to commit without a qb coach or OC.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If you hire someone good, that’s fine. If you don’t, ooh buddy that is a terrible look.

11. Savage Orange

Folks on other boards are idiots then... no way in hell Propst is our next OC. No. Way. In. Hell.

12. Savage Orange

George O’Leary too...

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s funny.

Pruitt doesn’t enjoy being a head coach then.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If you trot anything but good and wait 3 to 4 weeks to do that, it goes past terrible.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t get how you know who you are going to hire, but can’t find the time to make said hire? How much time does that actually take for Pruitt? Doesn’t Fulmer handle most of it after the hiree and Pruitt come to a handshake agreement?

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That’s why, assuming it’s true, there must be a conflict that requires short-term confidentiality. The hire, if selected, has to be in the playoff or the NFL.

Beechervol and Dalekanium like this.
  17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Or the [uck fay]ing Alabama high school playoffs, apparently, which has inarguably become a bigger deal than UT football these days, so it’s understandable how that would take priority.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Maybe it’s a guy that can’t retire with insurance until Christmas.

19. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Recruiting to a concept or philosophy on offense is probably more effective a tool to use than anybody but the best of hires.

20. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

That’s my assumption. If it isn’t true then I’m worried about this. I’m not currently concerned.