So Fulmer was trying to help with the OL

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Jan 17, 2019.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

OMW

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

I don't think it necessarily means he knew what he was doing was wrong. That could be the case. It could also be that at the moment he saw he was being videoed, it made him wonder if he had crossed some line or that it could be construed as such. It could also be that his response was mostly due to knowing how short video clips can be made to look as if something was a bigger deal than what it it really was.

My bigger concern is, unless Pruitt assigned someone to video that drill, why was someone allowed to video practice?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Everything is videoed at practice by UT people, usually from a few angles

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Except for certain parts of practice that are brought into question about player safety, and those miraculously aren't. It's a modern day miracle.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I imagine the allegations against Botch punching players was filmed also but never saw the light of day because the administration at the time wasn’t about to let it see the light of day.

6. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

Okay. I wasn't sure it was approved for two reasons. First, the KNS video is prefaced with that it was "filmed by an unknown source" which doesn't make it sound like it came from UT. Second, Fulmer apparently attended practices frequently, and yet seems surprised that he was being filmed by whoever was doing the filming. I would think he would know that everything was filmed all the time, but then again, he may have just got caught up in the moment and forgot that. In any event, the whole thing seems quite minor.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fulmer probably said not to video it out of concerns people would say he was meddling with Pruitt's team.

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I hadn’t considered that angle but you could very well be correct.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is the answer. He wasn’t worried on whit about AA rules. And still isn’t.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Wasn't Fulmer providing some oline coaching input acknowledged and discussed here last fall?

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It was but I was just posting because of how stupid the NCAA rules can be, the little he did was a violation.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pattern of disregard for the rules. Lack of institutional control coming.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As long as he didn't restrict his instruction to student athletes he's good sans UNC ruling.

14. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Can’t really blame him. They sucked