2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Def reason to wonder or assume he may have been done. Difference though between rational thought or wonder about the hire, vs what i was reading. The VN thread is something else. He sucks, done, cant coach, isnt a winner, wont compete, breeds mediocrity. Ridiculous stuff.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember hatvol not panicking, which felt like a ringing endorsement.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

BBQ all the way.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Reasonable.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I was on the fence about Barnes. I always thought he was a good coach, maybe not great, but I thought he could come in and provide some stability and get the thing going in a good direction for the next guy. I didnt belive he was coming here to simply draw a check and ride off into the sunset of retirement, but I didn't however expect him to have a national championship caliber team at any point. Expected to be in the top 4 of the conference at best and beat UK a few times.

Would be so fitting for him to get a NC here towards the end of his career. Hes certainly worked hard and to be knocking on the door of 700 career wins is no small accomplishment.

A-Smith, CardinalVol and Tar Volon like this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

May try and catch the Vanderbilt game in Nashville next week.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Pretty much perfectly describes what I'd thought about him

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well said. Didn't believe the "retirement" talk but didn't expect us to be here either. Thought he'd make us a legit Top 25 program, but that was it.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I thought he'd lost the edge. Maybe getting fired lights that fire again.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I read somewhere that he had decided to run off some bad apples and reboot and they were just ready to move on

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I’m probably gonna go

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And if you had Greg Cullen from Niagara University baseball team converted over to 162 game MLB season, he would lead the league in average and hits.

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If you take 15 strokes off what I will shoit today, i would beat Tiger

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This may be the most irrelevant "stat" ever. That it was posted by Rucker is appropriate.

Ssmiff, IP, lylsmorr and 1 other person like this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If you take what I averaged in intramural ball and adjusted it to NBA minutes, I'd probably be in the bottom 25%.

YankeeVol, Ssmiff and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Go play intramurals, brotha!

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If you took my 3-pt % in games played in Europe, I’d be the best shooter in the history of the continent, minimum 1 attempt

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I have a perfect streak of pissing of my wife at least a couple times a week for 27 years. Something I’m very proud of looking back.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pissing on or pissing off? That typo has left me hanging.