2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Absolutely should be.

2. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

Considering the rankings to this point, I can’t reason out an argument that they shouldn’t be.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I cant either other than pollsters forgetting duke lost to syracuse at home on Monday.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Numero uno

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No reason to not roll in to Rupp at 23-1

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Anyone else half-way worried they’ll leave Duke at #1 after beating Virginia? People have such short term memory anymore, they’ll probably forget about the Syracuse loss.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No.

8. CardinalVol

I do, only because its Duke.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

If Tennessee is 23-1 and ranked #1 when they go to Rupp, That place would be an absolute madhouse

10. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

Yep. That would be like coming to a verdict while ignoring half the evidence, but I suppose that is possible.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

A #1 ranking would be great and well deserved but I could care less if they leave Duke there. If anything it's more motivation and keep playing with a chip on their shoulder.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah I think today’s occurrences, short of a UT blowout, set up as well as they could have. Michigan needed to lose and Duke needed to win (but a close one) for the Vols to have a path to #1.

IP likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wish I could say I was surprised by this kind of stuff

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

part I watched was VA missing wide open shot after shot. Zion is a badass. But that's hoops. They didn't reassert shit. UVA went ice cold and Duke finished well.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t think either team looked all that impressive. Both teams played poor defense for long stretches, and neither of them excels from behind the arc.

16. CardinalVol

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a terrible take if I ever saw one.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t trust sportswriters to do the right thing

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fake news.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

More weird takes popping up this morning. Here’s one that caught me off guard:

“[Virginia’s] one loss (at Duke) is better than the worst losses that Duke (vs. Syracuse), Michigan (at Wisconsin) and Tennessee (vs. Kansas on a neutral court) have suffered this season.”

So Virginia’s loss to a Duke squad that lost to an unranked team earlier in the same week and had one of their best players injured is better than our OT loss to a fully healthy Kansas squad? I just don’t see it.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25812443/real-fake-really-no-1