Holly Warlick

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Feb 15, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let's just hire her as football coach emeritus and hope no one realizes the difference.

10SEvols likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Friends posting pics of the game tonight and theres like 25 people there.....and its We Back Pat night.

justingroves likes this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Time to fire up the hot board?

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A coaching search is the only way to get me interested in women’s hoops.

I do love me a coaching search.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

*We Back Winners.

CardinalVol likes this.
  6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

It's beyond time

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pathetic yet understandable

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Seat got real hot, real fast.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

this was visibly coming for years. it was wasted time not to move on sooner

A-Smith, 10SEvols and HongKongPhooey like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wait until it’s completely burned to the ground to send the fire trucks. The Tennessee way.

IP and tvolsfan like this.
  11. CardinalVol

Only two downsides to this are Dearstone isn't on the radio anymore and Geno doesn't visit Knoxville until next year.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Claim that “continuity” and “consistency” are preeminent, citing fan & institutional patience / blind support as being necessary in the luring of a quality coach when the terrible coach is inevitably fired, however belatedly.

However....delaying the firing beyond the obvious ensures that quality coaches jump ship, replaced by entirely terrible alternatives, and that both the team and subsequent recruiting classes are completely burned down, pissed out, and that human excrement is mixed with the still smoldering ashes.

The reality is...in delaying the firing of an obviously terrible coach has only made an already terrible situation so much more and pervasively worse, and so much so that it actually kills any chances of hiring the very quality replacements whom you hoped that showing such patience would attract. Why? Because they don’t care to know what you intended in creating the dumpster fire you’re now trying to talk them into jumping into.

This is the Tennessee way.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Damn. I’d never thought of the Dearstone angle. I hate that we don’t get to hear him wallow in this shit.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m further away from Knoxville than some here so maybe I don’t see a complete picture but the level of disdain and outright scorn from some fans towards the Lady Vols is something I don’t get, nor do I share. I don’t see Holly being here much longer though. If the LV’s right the ship and start winning again, will that bring folks back or is the disdain so ingrained now that you’d be happier if they just let the program either and die?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doesn't he still do the play by play?

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't think so. I know he was fired from the morning show on 990, and I don't think he is doing the play by play any longer, either.

17. CardinalVol

I think he still does PBP.

He just doesn't have to sit and take the crap he's been dishing out for years anymore.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Always hoped Dearstone would oust Blob

19. That's like going from Dooley to Butch. No. Just no.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I like his voice