Hurd article

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 13, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

AK should have been a Heisman candidate here. Butch is a tater.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So much talent wasted.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

McKenzie will probably end up being a quality player at OG.

Hurd is an amazing talent. I don't blame the kid for leaving and wish him the best.

Preston Williams is resurrecting his career and is at 511 yards on 39 receptions with 4 TDs. He was a bit of a headcase here, but a lot of top-end WRs are. You need a good HC to manage them, not the guys we've had here since 2010.

Kamara should sue Butch Jones for costing him a 1st Round grade.

Jones squandered so much talent here due to sheer ineptitude and mismanagement. Switching S&C programs constantly certainly didn't help either.

vols85 and Memtownvol like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick could have been great with a HC to manage him too.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Lets also take a moment to thank Jones for sending Amari Rogers and Tee Higgins to Clemson.

So we've had probably 5 1st Round-talent WRs either come here and fizzle out or just outright not come here just in the last couple of years.

Hunter would have been a 1st Rounder had he not torn his ACL and gotten gunshy. He was never the same after that. That's a possible 6th.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can even forgive Rogers a little bit, Tee isn't a great position coach and Butch didn't want to hire him, that's fair. Higgins was a complete and total failure on Butch's part.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's not fair since Butch wasn't going to hire a great position coach anyways at WR.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Talked to Jalens uncle Fri he said he was still struggling with the position change some and a hip pointer going into OU.

10. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Baylor received a letter from the NCAA and it mentioned lack of institutional control.

Hurd is going to the NFL after this season so it won't really effect him.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

He looks a little slow out there in space to me.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd take him right now, and he'd be a heck of a receiver to have on an NFL roster too. Gronk is slow in space.

chavisut and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Remember someone mentioning Baylor Wrs having to be taught basics when they reach the nfl?
    Hurds first steps off the los are subpar. His back foot should come exploding off.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

6'7 is big

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Maybe you're right, but I don't see it. Also of note: I have no idea what I'm talking about or even looking at.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Worst case scenario I think he’d be a gadget guy and a special teams maven.

18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I think he can have success. He's got the measurables

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Under Briles, yes. Now, the head coach is being interviewed by NFL teams every off season.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He doesn't look slow to me at all. Plus is route running is way better than I thought it would be.

I love the fact that he finishes his runs like a tailback instead of WR

chavisut and IP like this.