POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Maybe if CNN hadn't fostered a strategy of throwing shit against a wall I could overlook their latest 50 instances of throwing shit against a wall

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Now do Fox News.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ah yes, the 6 year old "they do it too" rebuttal.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m talking about the Buzzfeed report that said Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress.

The MSM was reporting that Buzzfeed reported it. But that’s a story that wmds a presidency if true.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Way to miss the point.

It’s not a just a CNN problem. It’s not just a Fox News problem. It’s a media problem, liberal or conservative. Both sides are guilty.

Don’t call one out without calling the other.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Absolutely, yes.

There’s a reason votes are private.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cowardice?

8. CardinalVol

At least we've got you here to make sure the conservatives get their fair treatment every time the other side is criticized.

9. Tenacious D

To prevent the certain infringement of an inalienable right, if SCOTUS is to be believed.

63,000,000 voted for him.

And he’ll easily best that in 2020.

So, yes, some people must be lying, or you need to expand and diversify your sphere of inquiry.

10. Tenacious D

Pelosi cancelled the SOTU.

These are truly the best of all days. Everyone is being themselves. It’s a good start to fixing things, as it’ll force everyone to be honest.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You’re welcome.

12. fl0at_

I don’t think that is right. How would knowing who someone voted for after the fact prevent them from having voted for that person?

I don’t think voting history is the key to time travel, but I’m simple minded that way.

13. fl0at_

I bet they’ll follow the president’s lead on honesty.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Every time someone on the right ask this kind of questions its a whataboutism, and dismissed without having to answer.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Good. Hopefully they do away with it permanently.

16. Tenacious D

Can you wrap your simple mind around the fact that there would be other elections, and the need to cast additional ballots in them, at some point after that single election?

Hold that thought steady....

Now, can you then possibly also conceive that the knowledge of past votes cast might allow - or practically beg - those opposing the will of those voters to attempt means of suppressing those votes?

You get that casting a ballot does not, in fact, halt the continuum of time, right?

You like shooting your mouth off in a half-assed fashion, lazily filled with largely dumb bluster (wanna argue about my definition of “lazy”? How about a few dozen posts on how my use of the word “shooting” affects arguments on the 2nd Amendment, or whatever shit storm of equally stupid obfuscation you try to cook up in moments like this), but this is especially dumb, even for a dumb liberal, such as you are.

If you can’t figure out why votes are and should remain private, or sillily chalk it up to “cowardice” (which, BTW, who the [uck fay] nominated you as the arbiter of what is brave, cowardice or anything else, Captain Narcissism?), then I not only agree with your self-assessment of simple-mindedness, but will go one step further and assert that you’re too stupid to understand any explanation that any may attempt in an effort to further explain it.

17. CardinalVol

At least people are starting to equate CNN and FoxNews as equal news organizations now. Not sure if that's good for FN, bad for CNN, or both.

18. Tenacious D

Both.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Uh, reprisals?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's video, the bit about not being able to move out of the way is just false.

[​IMG]