POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is stupid, even for you.

Are those HOA’s funded with tax dollars? Do I go to jail if my kid doesn’t attend an HOA meeting? What if I don’t like that HOA, can I take my money and transfer to another one?

That you’d make such a dumb comparison doesn’t aide your argument.

They can vote in their home country.
    We can vote in ours.

Nothing to discuss.

2. Tenacious D

I’m willing to put a similar weight in the parental voting rights of an illegal immigrant as you will abide extending to a fetus.

What? Don’t parents matter then?

The denial of a non-citizen the right to vote in no way impedes their parental relationship, and you know it, Red Herring.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, so we agree that mothers should get a vote. Common ground!

4. Tenacious D

Depends.

Are they as illegally pregnant as they entered and remain in this country?

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Illegally pregnant? Go on.

RockyHill and IP like this.
  6. TennTradition

These immigrants pay local taxes and have students (often US citizens) in these schools. There are no federal laws governing who can vote to establish who can run these school systems.

All of these also apply to these families living in an HOA (feed rather than taxes, of course).

If a state wanted it to be - there wouldn’t even have to be a polling station...they could all get together in a the cafeteria and caucus or just write a name on a piece of paper. Point being it is a local election and of the local population wants those in their community who are undocumented to vote alongside them, they appear to have energy right (at least in California) to decide that.

This idea of someone must be a citizen to participate in a municipal process seems to be rooted in nothing other than your desires.

7. Tenacious D

That a non-citizen be granted the right to vote is pure and personal delusion, without need of any mention of their il/legal status.

As long as it stays under a municipal judge in a Texas metropolis (read: the new Cali East), it might be fine, for awhile, as long as it lasts.

Best of luck.

8. TennTradition

Non-citizens actively voted in elections in this country all the way through the 1920s when it was cut out by the last state - Arkansas if I remember from what I read last night.

In 1996, the Illegal Immigration bill officially made it law that non-citizens could not vote in federal elections under penalty of law. There were no mentions of state, municipal elections (Maryland) or school elections (California). Thus why there have been ordinances (or laws?) on the books allowing non-citizens to vote in elections such as these for years. No states currently allow non-citizen participation in statewide elections though it doesn’t appear it would be illegal to do so (considering it was active practice in the past and it doesn’t look like any more recent laws prevent it).

If you don’t mind point to me where granting said right is unconstitutional or illegal?

Who is suffering from delusion here? You just want it to be delusion on my part. That doesn’t make it so.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’ve paid taxes in probably 15 countries. I doubt anyone in any of those places cares.

10. TennTradition

See, Americans aren’t the scum of the earth everyone tries to make them out to be. Some care!

Interesting fact: Switzerland widely allows foreigners to vote in local elections and some cantons at the cantonal level.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do they allow foreigners access to Nazi gold?

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. TennTradition

Do you think it’s kept in a separate vault? If not, my guess is yes.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If this is what you are referring to:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...-phoenix-photo-men-soot-blackface/2683881002/

Author of the article is an "opinion contributor", so just basically a blog entry.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So if we don't pay taxes at a certain level of government then we can't vote at that level?

Go on, go on..............

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wah? shouldn't the people paying for the school be the ones voting.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

17. Tenacious D

Fun fact: I don’t give a shit what another country does.

kmf600 likes this.
  18. Tenacious D

Show me the right.

19. Tenacious D

This is so beautiful.

20. Tenacious D

I endorse your living in Texas, and not Tennessee, more and more each day.

You’re legit a fruitcake.