NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It just feels like they need to make the Final 4 to back up what a lot of people thought through out most of the year. If they get there anything can happen.

Elite 8 just feels like the low bar.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Final 4. they’ve GOT to get to the big stage to put me at a place where it’s not a bittersweet season.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Final Four or bust.

Don't even care if they win the natty, but get to a final four.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

we need to reach new ground as a program. if not now, when? we are passed time for a FF

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wanna try my best to enjoy the ride, which means keep winning. Personally, if I start looking at if and when we will lose, or what will qualify as disappointing, it does me no good.
    29-5 and a 2 seed is above what I expected this year and 90% of the ride has been awesome

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Norris needs to start taking notes. You’re the top Buddhist on this site.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

A S16 loss would be very disappointing to me. An elite 8 loss to whoever if we fire our bullets and play well won’t crush me. That said it’s hard to imagine a better set up to finally kick that door down.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

So Colgate got to Columbus and realized they left one of their dudes at home.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay].

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Imagine us trying to keep track of that guy in transition. He's going for 40.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I want a final four, but it will be hard for me to be super upset about a close elite eight loss to UVA.

Anybody else meets us there, and I expect a W.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

you sure this isnt fake news?

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Fake news.

14. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Jordan Burns is a great player, too. Did they really forget him?

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

[​IMG]

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Oh

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

We were the preseason #6 team and finished at #6. In all likelihood we're going to have 30+ wins. SEC Final sucked, but had a great performance in the semis.

It's just hard for me to consider this season a failure with a sweet sixteen appearance. I'm gonna be as pissed as the next person if/when we get eliminated, but not many UT teams live up to the expectations like this bunch have. We should absolutely enjoy the ride.

18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

You look around and see far shittier programs (IMO) with a FF appearance (or multiple) and yet we don’t. It sucks. We need a FF for once.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

(except last year when our path was Wright St, Loyola, Nevada, Kansas State)

lylsmorr, utvol0427, IP and 1 other person like this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It is high time, and I'd love to see it be this team.

Then again, if we get some development out of DJ Burns--who was more highly-rated than anybody we have right now--and this new five-star combo guard ends up being good, and Grant and Bone come back, we could actually be pretty good again next year.

edit: was going to say we only lose Admiral, Alexander, and Turner, but I looked it up and we don't even lose Turner--he's a RS JR. Obviously between Admiral and Alexander we're losing some size, muscle, and leadership, but if Burns can step in at the five and we can get some contribution on the wing from either a new guy stepping in or someone like Walker or Pons (I keep forgetting he's still a sophomore--feels like we've been trying to develop him forever) developing, we could actually stay good.