2018-2019 College Basketball thread/NCAA Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Jerry Green coach Florida?

Poppa T likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Please don’t call that a flagrant. The dude reacted to falling and accidentally hit the guy’s head. It’s just a normal foul.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Here’s the story of how a Murray assistant found him

Earlier that day, dozens of kids were measured and went through drills. The best testers were kept in the main gym. A small cluster of the rest, Morant among them, were directed to the back gym, mostly to play three-on-three.

So Kane is in the building, watching Brown, but he's really hungry. So he asks an event organizer where he can get some concession-stand food. Kane wanders into the back gym, looking for grub.

Instead, he finds the next NBA player to come out of Murray State. Kane is surprised to see this lanky kid dominating in three-on-three. His name isn't even available in the recruiting packet handed out to coaches at the event.

"I've always thought James is one of the top talent evaluators in college basketball," McMahon said. "He called me and said, 'This kid's going to be a pro.'" Kane was smitten and dumbfounded: Why is this kid not playing in the main gym, and who the hell is he? Tee Morant was there that day, GoPro in hand, capturing his son on video in hopes of eventually catching the eye of a flourishing program. Kane connected, and within essentially a week's time, McMahon offered Morant a scholarship in the parking lot after a tournament in Greensboro.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...zion-williamson-playing-on-the-same-aau-team/

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It didn’t look excessive to me at all. It looked like a dude reacting to getting undercut.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Nevada has taken some let’s say, questionable shots the last three minutes.

lylsmorr likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why would they not drive on that zone? It’s baffling.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They do not appear to play good basketball.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a bizarre ending to that game. It’s almost like they didn’t realize how little time was left.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How about that clock management by Nevada late?

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Terrible.

11. Ssmiff

Nevada with 4 assist for the game. That 1 v 1 bs went 29-5.

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I think they ran this on ESPN the other day. Kinda crazy.

13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Why do I hate that Hoover kid from Wofford?

Oh yeah, he looks like a young stupid ass [uck fay] Butch Jones.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pretty uneventful day one. Only one big upset in Murray State over Marquette, but that was a huge surprise.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bryce Drew is gone.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Steve Forbes is a logical choice.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

All things considered for this year, that just seems illogical to me.

18. Ssmiff

Big local push and Vandy alumni push for Drew Maddux. Imo it would be a good hire for Vandy.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Never heard of her

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What is it that maddux has done that qualifies him to be an sec coach? Roughly the equivalentq of UT hiring some combination of George quarles and Shane reveiz to coach fb, imo