Tennessee vs. Iowa Round of 32 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 23, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hope you’re right. Doubt you are.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You dance with the girl you brought. I wouldnt be a #2 seed without bad guesses.

Poppa T and A-Smith like this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Which team are we talking about here?

I jest....

A-Smith likes this.
  4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The real question is which white boy for Iowa is about to get their career high tomorrow?

MaconVol and YankeeVol like this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Whichever it is, we should offer him Lamonte’s scholarship before the game and see if we can snag him.

GahLee likes this.
  6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I’d gladly trade Alexander for just about anyone. You got any eligibility?

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That you added “I jest..” at the end of this is top-shelf TT shit.

TennTradition likes this.
  8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Racist, imo.

9. Tenacious D

Was wondering this today...

After the Auburn game, Barnes said that we shot too many threes. I’m sure that he relayed this to the team, as we tend to struggle when we do that.

Then we come out vs Colgate who packs it in tight, leaving the three wide open, and begging us to take it.

I wonder if our guys are confused, because it’s the very thing that they’re told not to do is exactly what the defense is giving them, and what they actually should be shooting.

I still think a lot of our problems come down to:

1. We don’t have a consistent killer on this team. Admiral can be. Grant should be, but isn’t.

2. Grant isn’t fighting hard enough to get in position and where he can get his touches / shots. He’s got to be more aggressive.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Didn't you say Colgate could score 100 on us?

11. Tenacious D

Sincere questions:

1. Why doesn’t Admiral ever get a clear-out / post-up?

2. Is Fulk a better option than Kyle right now?

3. What’d be wrong / the biggest weakness of going with a starting lineup of Bone / Bowden / Lamonte / Admiral / Grant?

4. Should I expect Johnson to give us anything in this tourney?

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

--Admiral does post up some but is often guarded by a taller player. He would get more clearouts if he had better handles, but he struggles dribbling and holding onto the ball in traffic.
    --Fulk has been playing better D than Alexander for a while, is a better passer and frankly, isnt playing like a wuss. But hes still too skinny and light to hang with most 5s. That said, Iowa has a 6'11 3 pt shooter and I believe Fulk would bother him.
    --I like that lineup. Switch everything and 4 shooters on the floor.
    --No

GahLee likes this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd like to know how many times I've said Admiral should be on the elbow or getting the ball at about 15 feet. I'll say it until it happens. He's dangerous from there.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Grant usually beats his man to the basket and gets into good position. Colgate sent an immediate double nearly every time he got the ball there. I felt like guys were ball watching, we probably could have killed them had we moved Grant out just a bit and seen if they sent the double still, if so we could back cut them in to oblivion. Pick your score. Instead we kept giving it to him deep and they shut it down and the rest of team just stayed planted. I would expect this to be every teams gameplan going forward.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So does that fall under Barnes choking and getting out coached in the tournament?

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I'd like to think that Colgate didn't intend to play us like they did, but were forced too once the big man got hurt. At least from what I was able to see early. After they collapsed in to the zone, I thought the guards got tentative on the entry pass and settled for the long jump shots.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wrong thread.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He seems pretty damn stubborn at times. It can't be all coaching though, guys have to have a feel out there. If you know they are sending an immediate double team on the low block it would be a good idea to also make an immediate cut to the basket on the other side of the court when making the entry pass. Waiting for the 6'5" guy to pass out of a double team of bigger players isn't going to win you a lot of games this time of year.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Barnes is looking for his first Swet 16 in 11 years. My confidence is shaky, at best, this night before the game. A loss tomorrow may be one of the all time great let downs in UT history. I also think, if we get past this one, the pressure might dissipate a little since the anxiety of losing early would be gone and we'll play looser next week. I just hope there is a next week.

A-Smith likes this.