600lb Life

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is my new guilty pleasure. I’m amazed at the stuff on this show, and in just about every direction.

Dr. Now is a straight-up thug. I legit love that cat, and sympathize with him and the task that he’s trying to do.

Favorite lines:
    Dr. Now:
    “Somebody call Nobel, because you’ve found a way to make mass out of nothing.” (When a patient had gained weight, but swore that she wasn’t eating anything).

Random 600lbs+ lady:
    “I went to college! I am knowledged!”

Dr. Now:
    “The scale doesn’t lie, you do.”

Random 600lbs+ lady:
    “I can’t function without wontons!”

Dr. Now:
    “You don’t need anything to eat - you’ve already swallowed 800 pounds of it!”

Enabling husband of 600lbs+ lady:
    “I deep fry everything for her because it’s healthier.”

Dr. Now:
    “Look at yourself! Do you look malnourished?”

Anyone else watch this?

warhammer, kmf600 and chavisut like this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes. I know there are a few on here that do.

Dr. Now is stone cold.

kmf600 likes this.
  3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I like the hoarders show better

Fat people are just disgusting

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Dr. Now is OG.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Top 5 show on TV right now. I wish I could find the quote, but its something like, its mathematically impossible for you to eat what you say you are eating, and still be 600 pounds

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Steven and Justin’s story is the best, yet worst episode of the series. Must watch.

Volst53 and kmf600 like this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Best by far. The pill addict right. OMG, love that one.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I watch it often. It makes me much more emphatic towards them. Love Dr Now. Have thought of dropping by his clinic when in Houston.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We watch it at work during lunch when it's on. I love the show. I do pity the folks though. If you're that big, you have serious problems that go beyond being hungry.

justingroves, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I feel for overweight people who try. I dont feel for people who get busted eating potato chips or a brownie in pre op before lap band surgery, which is what i saw twice back when i sold a robotic stapling system.

11. Tenacious D

Are there two patients? What season / episode?

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's mostly about Steven, but both brothers are overweight. It's by far the best, and I think it was an extra long, or maybe a couple of episodes. The dad is awesome too. When you find it, every other episode will be crap in comparison

Season 5, episodes 13 and 14.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He had to make it so no doctor in Texas would give him pain pills.

The dad was such a [ussy pay] he’d order him a pizza from Maine or wherever the hell they were from to be delivered to his sons place in texas

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The enablers drive me crazy.

IP and chavisut like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Always present in some way. You don't get bedridden and 600-900 lbs on your own.

IP likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Man, my 600lbs life has taken a dark turn.

Who turned me on to this shit?

Just finished the one where the lady’s dad died, and then the brothers last night.

So, there was no resolution to the brothers, even after two episodes?

18. Tenacious D

Dr. Now and a counselor made that exact point to the brother’s dad on the episode I watched last night.

Maybe one of my kids - or myself - ends up 600lbs + and I don’t handle it any better, but damn, I spend half the time furious watching these enablers, and saying, “No wonder it’s gotten this bad!”

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

They should make a movie about your life.

The Pursuit of Happyness 2

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's a family that I'm close to. The grandparents raised their grandchild, and as a teenager, the grandmother would buy the boy tobacco products just because he would get angry and throw fits if he didn't get them. That was just one red flag as far as what went on in that situation that ended poorly, but it illustrates the point that some of the people on the show throw fits if they don't get their food. The kid I referenced earlier has struggled with addiction in his adult life. If he'd craved food instead or if they had offered it as a substitute to console his other cravings, he may have wound up where you find the folks on the show with his grandparents still bringing him food. It's more complicated than that, but I think it's a real possibility.