We did it to ourselves......

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 28, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

.......but it still makes it 100 times worse when stripes is the one that finishes you off.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've never loved a cast of characters as much as this team. But damn its frustrating watching them when they cruise for 25+

RevBubbaFlavel, utvol0427 and A-Smith like this.
  4. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

seems like every game that's close this year it's been 5 against 8

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I still haven’t seen the foul that injured Turner, so it’s not like there weren’t some ugly ones both ways.

That said...yeah we have had some absolutely brutal whistles in close games this year. None as obviously wrong as the Auburn three that should’ve been offensive goaltending, but sheesh

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Purdue part hurts the most.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Up 3 with 35 seconds
    Up 2 with 1.7 seconds.
    Give me either of those before or during the game and i'd take my chances. Thought our defense was good on both.
    Though grant should have given Cline the drive.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

100% yes

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t know how many people tuned out vs watching the whole thing, but if you have the opportunity, go back and watch Haarms in the second half. The dude got away with foul after foul after foul.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or tackled him. Literally anything other than letting him jack a three.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He committed three within about a 30 second stretch at the start. Fouled Admiral on a drive and lay-up on the baseline. Threw his ass into one of our guys while he was setting a pick, and then fouled Alexander on a block at the rim.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Edwards got away with push off after push off and as Lamonte said in the post game...he was kicking his leg out all game trying to make contact... talked to refs multiple times and they said they would watch it....

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s why I can’t buy stuff like “we should have hit our FT’s.” We shouldn’t have to beat refs. We shouldn’t have to deal with foul trouble when they’re fouling just as much. Alexander shouldn’t be fouled out for doing the same, if not less than Haarms.

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He pushed off on nearly every possession. He swiped at Turner's hands all game. Even had a handful of pushes to the chest.

15. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

Don’t forget the bogus offensive interference in the first half on Schofield.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yeah, that basket was good.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. The FT’s were the difference. That’s it. Nothing else.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It’s a both/and. When you play an overtime game there are always a million different things where any of them going differently changes the outcome. If we get a call late in the game, we win. If we make our FTs, we win. If Cline doesn’t go 10/13, we win. We have ourselves to blame for a lot of it, the refs to blame for some of it, and just Purdue playing well for some of it too

19. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

On one of his drives toward the end, He pushed off Turner as he was driving by, then either scored or Drew a foul.

20. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Exactly the way I feel. You can’t excuse the piss poor first half, especially the free throw shooting. BUT...