2019 Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by YankeeVol, Jan 24, 2019.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Which makes it a great hire. Fulmer playing 4-D chess.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Well... if you are one of the folks who want to stick it to the “LV Only” crowd, your wish just came true. Fulmer played this pretty adeptly, imo. He gave the hardcores exactly what they wanted (ie: Vagina equipped alum) and gave the folks who want to stick it to the hardcores exactly what they want... an almost guaranteed disaster waiting to happen. If KJH succeeds here, I’ll be shocked. She just doesn’t seem to have what it takes to get it done.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    NEW COACH likes this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Seems like a pretty terrible hire

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He gave the lady Vol mafia exactly what they wanted.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He gave them two choices.

Proven coach with a huge track record of success or a someone with matching plumbing.

Shocked to see which one they actually cared about instead of best person for the job.

NYY, A-Smith and lylsmorr like this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can't figure out why the AD would give them a choice. You drag your balls across their face and say we're gonna kick ass.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Meh. Like any other base, the LV Basketball base has their desires and flexed their muscle to get what they wanted. Every post-legend program has gone through this (and most continue to go through it).

Post Bryant Bama.
    Post Wooden UCLA.
    etc.

Only a handful of teams follow a legend with a quality hire (tOSU football has had a string of HoF coaches, and it is ridiculous). Fulmer gave them what they wanted, it doesn't cost the university anything because if it isn't football or men's basketball, it doesn't make money anyway. Eventually the LV fans will realize they need to step outside the LV family if necessary or we will continue to fall further and further down the wbball ladder.

TBSVOL likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because he's getting everything that he wants right now everywhere else. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

They're a very vocal and organized group to piss off that could cause a lot of waves on fixing football.

9. NorrisAlan

Wise man once said "Choose your battles."

mmmjtx likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He exposed them for what they really are. I think that's good enough.

lylsmorr likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

But to what effect, really? No one outside of the LV fans really care and as long as they get what they want, they will continue getting crap basketball unless some ex-LV becomes the next Summit or next Geno. So all-in-all, isn't worth fighting at all. Continue to feed them their incestuous dinner and get football back in the top 10.

reVOLt likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's an unnecessary fight

mmmjtx and lylsmorr like this.
  13. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

IMO, not a Heavy great move but not a bad move, will be interesting to see her approach.
    Some have reported she is a B and if so, might be just what's needed.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I doubt she'll be as bad as Holly.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I think she’s going to be the LV version of Ray Goff...

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I feel like you'd have to actively try to do worse

A-Smith likes this.
  17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Do these people exist or is it like the Illuminati?

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

In talking to someone that knows her and everyone she played with at UT very well, her putting together a really good staff is important.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ringing endorsement.

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The Butch Jones of women’s basketball?