2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kent, England.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

He's been on the team for two years. I think he came from Connecticut?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm dumb.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Barnes needs to go after grad transfer Admon Gilder. Would be a great addition to next year's team.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No use. Remember, the recruits gonna be mad he almost went to UCLA and got a raise instead.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Are you still doing this?

IP likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Seems to be more and more chatter that the Cone kid might commit and reclassify to the 2019 class.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It is looking like Bone is for sure gone and Cone is ready to commit on his visit in May.

9. Ssmiff

Is Cone any good?

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes. 5-11 PG who was top 75ish in the 2020 class and averaged about 30 points in his junior year of high school.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cone will electrify from day 1, IMO.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still don’t understand the Bone decision. Unless something changes, he doesn’t appear to be getting drafted. And if he isn’t getting drafted, why is he leaving?

Alternatively, if both he and Grant were to return, and Cone commits and reclassifies, we could have some pretty interesting “small ball” lineups. I don’t know if we have room for all of that to happen, though.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, who doesn’t want to see a Bone/Cone combo? That would surely get some media attention.

14. Ssmiff

Bone may go make some money overseas and work on his game.
    Really, if any of us were to be offered a lucrative contract to go work in Europe as a Jr in college, or come back to UT and who knows what happens,
    bonjour.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yeah, I don’t think he comes back under any circumstance.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This kid ain’t been D’d up until he’s been Tenny D’d up.

Would shut this kid down. Probably.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Does Europe offer him a better opportunity to make it to the NBA? Obviously getting paid is nice, but is the coaching over there better than he’d get here?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Random speculation: could be a grade thing.

19. Ssmiff

don't know, but a player can go over there, make some money and work on his shot, ballhandling etc without answering to school and ncaa.
    Bone has also had foot trouble a couple times. Cost him part of freshman season and a couple tweaks since. Shelf life may have come into consideration.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bone came off as pretty intelligent to me. Quiet but smart. I doubt it's grades unless he just quit going to class. Admittedly, my summation isn't based on much.

IP likes this.