NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Where did I say Rodgers is the goat?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s not got a [dadgum] thing to do with it and you’re smart enough to know it.

The fact of the matter is that excuses never flew when we’re discussing anything Manning related, but now that shoe is on the other foot you’re practically breaking your neck trying to shift the blame from St. Aaron.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What the [uck fay] does that have to do with anything? I didn't describe a pity party, I described reality. I could care less about feeling sorry for anyone. I'm pissed more than anything. The Packers [uck fay]ed up having the most talented QB in NFL history because they had a doofus for a coach, who thought he was an offensive genius for coaching Joe Montana at Kansas City and couldn't harness his QB's immense talent, and a dimwitted GM who massively deteriorated the roster. Fact.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Link to articles about QBs who have had this written about them?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You didn’t describe reality. You descibed your version of it where you refuse to put any blame or accountability on the leader of your team, when it’s clear he deserves at least a third of it. And that, also, is a fact.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You seem upset

justingroves likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

For real? Montana, Brady, Manning, all of them are assholes

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just making an observation.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Marino, Elway

Assholes every one. On the field, anyway.

10. Unimane

My loyalty is to the Packers, not any one player. I know what I see and don't care if you have some agenda against Rodgers. Rodgers problems were small compared to the issues of coaching and administration, plus easily dealt with were those two entities worth a damn. I do know he, almost single handedly, made the Packers a playoff team nearly every year and would have been picking in the top 10 of the draft since about 2013 without him. He's about 10% of the problem and 75% of the solution, so I'm not particularly worried about a diva QB when it was clear early on that he, and the team, would be fine with some decent leadership around him.

NashVol11 likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s not me saying these things. It’s people around the team saying them.

12. Unimane

Yeah, and all of the problems they relayed were easily remedied by decent coaching and leadership, as also noted in the article, which eroded dramatically since the Super Bowl year.

justingroves likes this.
  13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rodgers could be as nice and empowering as you want him to be, but with that roster/management/coach, I don’t think it would get him any more rings. His attitude may suck, but it’s not the main problem by any stretch.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think he’s a good player but I don’t see the beat ever talk.

I’d take drew brees over Rodgers all day and be happy.

15. NashVol11

Could not disagree more. I've said it here a few times, but I think Brees is an overrated volume passer.

16. NashVol11

Rodgers is definitely the best I've seen play. And statistically, throwing 40 TDs and single-digit picks every year is pretty ridiculous.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a really good QB in a perfect situation. He was one of the better QBs in the league at San Diego.

Matt Stafford is an overrated volume passer

18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

19. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Russell Wilson becomes highest paid player in the NFL

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod