Rick Barnes Is Staying

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Apr 8, 2019.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What's funny is everyone jumped on Butch for the "dream job" shit but aren't bothered by Barnes "I love it here" schtick. I'd imagine he'd love any college town in the country just as much as he loves Knoxville if they paid top 3 money for top 15-20ish results.

IP likes this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's a lot closer to reality than you calling a bunch of 8thmaximers, the battered wife [itch bay]es of UT athletics.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

we don't have to imagine, he told us of at least one.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, the idolizing of Rick Barnes and the idea he can do no wrong by some people here is odd.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Am I balling up my fists, Penny?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are only allowed to enjoy living in one city.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. Which makes the typing all the more impressive.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There's like 2-3 posters here maybe who haven't had something bad to say about Barnes in the last year.

Personally, I think we're overpaying for him. I strongly suspect he caught lightning in a bottle with Grant and Admiral, and if Grant and Bone both leave worry that the next season could go poorly enough to cause all our recruiting momentum to fade and make the last few years of Barnes's career a flop.

That said, his comments in press conferences don't really concern me.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I want to lower my cholesterol a bit more

I also want to eat steak and fried food a lot.

Tar Volon and 2Maggitt2Quit like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If everyone here can easily roll with Barnes being out in 3 years if results arent seen at his price, where and from whom is the idolizing?

Ive been more impressed with this happening without an agent more than anything. Barnes should retire and go into big business negotiations.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You're just out the window at this point. You slobber over whoever is at UT. To go from "[uck fay] Rick" to this is such a short time proves it.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely not, but don't throw the fact that you love Knoxville out as a reason you are still coaching here.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The non sequitur here is making my blood pressure go too high.

14. Ssmiff

Im not slobbering you melodramatic meatstick.
    I said [uck fay] kiffin too but if he woulda turned around I would have rolled with him. Get me wins in an acceptable time period or go. I dont get emotionally involved with coaches as you do.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean if he hated it here he might have been willing to pay that buyout himself.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I laughed. That's all you do you [uck fay]ing idiot.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is what worries me.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

no no, you see Tennessee is a fast food diet, but UCLA is healthy living. in the end, Rick chose death by obesity and we should be happy with being one of the leading causes of death in America. it's an honor. Had the gym membership been a little cheaper, he would have made some changes to his life but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

in 3 years, he will be incredulous as to why Barnes should be fired after two Sweet 16's in 3 years. He has his players now!

20. Ssmiff

So which one is it. Last post you said I slobber over whomever is HC, no matter who it is. Now, all I'll I do is get emotionally involved with them.
    If I was emotionally involved with Barnes,
    1. I would be butthurt as you are and
    2. I would care more about keeping Barnes, than him leaving in 3 years for not living up to his contract