The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This Blues/Jets game is one hell of a game

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So did Tampa just do the Virginia basketball thing to guarantee themselves a title next year?

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think they just did the Sharks/Senators thing where you dominate regular season then blow it enormously in the first round

No Presidents Trophy winner has ever been swept in opening round since at least expansion. Well, until Tampa just did it.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

A loss (and a sweep, especially) is disappointing for them for sure but playoff hockey is just a razors edge these days

5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

6. Tar Volon

That's the comparison I was drawing with the 1/16 thing.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dallas going in raw.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’m not a Red Wings fan by any stretch, but even I’m fired up about Yzerman going back to Detroit.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tony Twist scored like 15 goals his entire career, right?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

That seems high tbh. Don’t score many from the sin bin

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Have yourself a night, Jaden Schwartz

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Blues are making the Jets like it rn. Could well be 5 or 6-0.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Now 3-1. Not gonna be completely without lemon booty

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stars are better. Cutting to the net when we turn our heads. Toying with defenders. Ellis still sucks.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That play yesterday when Ellis AND Josi showed zero urgency getting to a puck in the corner and then Dallas immediately scored... That's when I knew the Laviolette era was over and it's time to unload some roster players as well.

As much shit as the fanbase gave Subban all year, he's the only defender in the top 4 that doesn't either have his head up his ass or is actually going with 100% effort. Dallas clearly wants it more, and that's troubling and starts up top

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Further, Ekholm and Forsberg have been straight up awful the entire series, even in the games we played well

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

#10, #19, and Turris, all look scared and unaware to me.
    Only thing it helped me with is to show my son how even at highest level, defenders cant peek and lose their man, and offensively, how to cut when a defender turns their head.
    Basic sports concepts put us on our heels most of each game.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gotta disagree with you on Turris, at least in game 5. He and his line were about the only forwards doing anything yesterday. They all ended +2 with exceptional possession stats

The Sissons line was bad though, for sure

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Huge gut-check win

20. Tar Volon

Well, got my second ever live playoff game tonight, and it could be the end after that stinker we dropped in Washington on Saturday night. Hopefully we can recover and send it back for game seven. I'm pretty nervous, but the home team has won every game so far, so there's some hope. OTOH we have three of our top nine forwards out with injury right now (arguably the three most physical guys too) and it could easily show this game as bad as it did last game.