Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Bruh, you need to be laser-focused on the one you got at House KMF, and long before Ocho-Cinco arrives, and while flying Magnum condoms as his house sigil.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I need to get in shape

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

My biggest heartbreaks on death would be:

Tyrion
    Davos
    The Hound
    Jamie
    Arya
    Tormund
    Jon
    Greyworm
    Varys

I think Bronn will reluctantly attempt to kill Tyrion and Jamie will take the arrow or knife for him.

The "Throne" will eventually go to Tyrion somehow. Jon will kill Dany because she will do something to go off the deep end. Hell, he may take them both out at the same time. Tormund and Brienne will wind up together and name their firstborn Jamie.

Gendry and Arya will rule the north because Sansa will also somehow bite the dust before it's all said and done.

The Hound will take out The Mountain but it will kill them both as well.

It will appear the show will end happily for some (Gendry/Arya, Tormund/Brienne, Tyroin, Greyworm and his woman, and a couple of others. But then we will see the Children of the Forest reappear and turn Bran into their new Night King somehow.

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bronn will not even attempt to kill Tyrion, because Tyrion will remind him that a Lannister always pays his debts and he owes Bronn a castle full of whores.

justingroves likes this.
  5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I love how 20 new theories are popping up after each episode.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Shit is about to go down.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Daenerys about to go full heel.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Probably my favorite episode of the season. Danny is losing it.

tvolsfan and utvol0427 like this.
  10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Moment of silence for Tormund's ego.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cersei could have ended it and is ruthless enough

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

As much as I enjoyed last week the human vs human is so much more compelling

13. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I thought I'd watch the rest of the show in the same manner I still watch Andy Griffith post-Barney reruns, which is to say not for entertainment but to commune with the characters that remained from the glory days and not miss out on any part of their lives because they are real people to me.

But nope, we're back in business and cooking with gas.

Tenacious D and lumberjack4 like this.
  14. Tenacious D

This is a beautiful post.

15. Tenacious D

I thought Tyrion was dead at the gate.

reVOLt, justingroves and IP like this.
  16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

At this point, I'm just watching because I am invested.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Good episode, though not great, in my opinion. Enjoyed the return back to the ultimate game with a few caveats.

1. It was noted and quickly dismissed, too quickly, that the northern armies should have more followers after saving Westeros from the Army of the Dead. Saying Cersei will just convince them otherwise avoids their newfound cache too easily.

2. The writers can't write Tyrion for shit now they aren't able to lean on Martin's books for his lines. He's been turned into a fawning and bumbling lovesick puppy for his beloved Dany. It's pathetic and now he's going to burn Varys because the eunuch doesn't give a shit how pretty she is and wants to what's best for everyone.

3. The Jaime-Brienne rendezvous was tawdry and predictably Hollywood-ishly lame. I liked the unconventional platonic relationship of the two and how it didn't devolve into the usual, cheap love story-jump into bed laziness of most shows. This was pissed away with just a couple of scenes.

4. Ugh. The stereotypical role playing. The men are stupid pawns of their love for a woman. The women are [itch bay]y domineering types. Lazy writing. Jon Snow has devolved into a silly putty, the love torn puppy on one hand and indecisive invertebrate on the other. Maybe he can mumble out another "I don't want to be a leader" proclamation as he defers to Sansa, Dany or anyone else to make a decision.

5. I guess they decided Bronn had become a little too likeable and needed to be more of a heel. Regardless, the scene with him and the Lannister boys was high school level stuff. Hey, I promise you a bunch of stuff to not kill us. Ok! But, I'm watching you. Dumb.

Despite these problems, I still enjoyed it, even if the show has become more sensationalized and conventional. I suppose the trajectory of the first few seasons is difficult to maintain once the uniqueness wears off and people expect the twists.

At this point, the only thing which really ruins the show for me is an ending where Jon sacrifices himself for his love Dany to be on the throne. I've been noting for years my hatred of Dany and her complete unfitness for rule, completely confirmed tonight. She had a chance this episode to redeem herself and blew it. For nearly the whole show she's chased the Iron Throne, truly believing she had the right to it, the best claim. Yet, when a better claim comes forth, what does she do? Does she step aside, as she demands everyone else do, for his rightful place on the throne, which, again, even she recognizes? She connives for power, demanding her nephew shut his trap and not claim what is rightfully his, the phrase she's used a hundred times. Varys is seeing the light and he'll burn for it.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, and I'm full on Team Sansa now, too. She's one of the few to recognize Dany for what she is, but I thought it was for her own selfish sake, which negated my affection for her a bit. But, if she's doing this for Jon to rule, then it warms my heart, especially since I thought she was going to try and burn him, too.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I fell asleep about 15 minutes in, but I told my wife Dany is going mad like her dad. I'll have to watch it this afternoon.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

so many kings landing serfs are about to get bbqed