Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

King’s Landing took the sack like Jarret Guarantano

CardinalVol and VolDad like this.
  2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

B0B3643D-9ED8-4876-B0C7-9F1ABB958C12.png
    My bad. Apparently it’s View Point And not POV.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I hope you’re ready

A048DF1A-F658-458F-9887-898DDEEAB0F2.jpeg

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The Wikipedia page you posted looks like it says the only one of the point of view characters that appears in every book.

I haven’t read them.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I have. It’s correct. She gets time in every one, the only one just so, but isn’t the only one that gets POV time

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The best story lines of the series has been Arya and Sandor

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Grey Worm should have gone after Jon. Period. Jon should not have left that city vertical.

justingroves, VolDad and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I haven’t either. Just remembered that meaningless factoid.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Arya just posted

EC213498-EAA5-497D-99CC-84A083440EAA.jpeg

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I can understand the problem folks have with the "rushing" of certain storylines, even if I disagree in most cases.

But, I don't understand things like saying Jaime's character was ruined. He was always going to either go back to Cersei or redeem himself. He did the former and it wasn't shocking at all. Hell he's barely 2 seasons removed from threatening to catapult a baby into a river, dude hadn't changed that much

justingroves, tvolsfan and IP like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am OK with Jaime going back to Cersei for the most part. It is who he is. But it just seemed like there was no rhyme or reason, just as if the writers said "OK, lets make him go back to Cersei."

A lot of the plot problems I have are not with that they happen, but just how they happen, and how time seems to have been squashed so much the last couple of seasons that it makes the pacing horrible. Like watching the theatrical release of Fellowship of the Ring and the extended version. The extended version flows so much better because it doesn't feel choppy and rushed.

reVOLt and chavisut like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont think Jaime expected to survive the WW battle and the writers may been surprised as well. Going back to Cersei with his baby makes sense for his character. The drunk hookup and hanging back with Brienne was awkward and shoulda been edited out imo.

GahLee and VolDad like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

my wife agrees with you, but I've come to see it as necessary to highlight that he isn't totally evil and DID have a choice. he absolutely did have romantic feelings for brienne, and before we were only guessing.

but his character is flawed and in the end he will foresake everything for Cersei.

I get why many feel it wasn't necessary though. a lot of these decisions seem to come out of condensing nuance down for television.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm with Norris, it just has this mailed it in feeling. It's too run down the hill and [uck fay] one of those cows when they could have walked down and [uck fay]ed them all.

reVOLt likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

in haiku form:

It's too run down the hill and
    [uck fay] one of those cows
    they could walk and [uck fay] 'em all

kmf600 likes this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I wouldn’t put Jaime going back to Cersei in that category. In fact, I think it ultimately makes sense. The Brienne hook up episode before was dumb though.

Bronn basically shite on 7 seasons of character development IMO.

VolDad and IP like this.
  17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This just settled it for me, you are 100% super genius

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This just settled it for me, you are 100% super genius

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Interesting. I had no issue with Bronn’s scene, but some others felt that way as well.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's 5-7-5, not 7-5-7.