2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Goodness Memohis recruiting class is something else. Fulk and Kent should be fine.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’ll be glad when the NBA nixes the one and done with the next collective bargaining agreement.

3. Ssmiff

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

picked up a transfer. big white yugoslavian dude

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With the type of combine Bone is having, I’m even more convinced that another year in school would be in his best interest. The kid is on everybody’s radar now. Show out for another year, improve 3 pt shooting %, and he might play his way into a lottery pick.

I don’t think he’s coming back, but the idea that his stock won’t improve with another year at Tennessee is odd to me, especially now that his athleticism is documented as being on the Westbrook/Rose level.

6. Ssmiff

Didnt realize we had the 3rd ranked offense in efficiency last year. Read it in a Bone article.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He hasn't announced one or the other yet

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know, but a number of people have expressed that he doesn’t stand to benefit from another year here.

9. Ssmiff

He can get paid and have a personal trainer while doing nothing but basketball work and drills for hours each day. No school or ncaa limitations, as well as time limits being coached

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That doesn't put him on TV or build his brand. There are plenty of benefits to coming back to school and playing another season at UT.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can't imagine a single reason why it would make sense for Bone to come back. He has everything to lose by coming back to a much worse team where he will be double teamed as there won't be any other viable threats.

reverendgeneral, kmf600 and utvol0427 like this.
  12. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He doesn’t have everything to lose by coming back bc he’s a fringe draft pick this year. His combine numbers put him on everyone’s radar though. If he comes back, improves his range, and plays like an AA he will be a first round pick which means a guaranteed contract. The downside is getting hurt or maybe he doesn’t show much improvement from his junior to senior year and goes undrafted.

Indy likes this.
  13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Bone is officially staying in the draft... Turner is the lone returning starter from last year now.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Deacon bout to earn that paycheck.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Best of luck to him. Hope he makes it.

16. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Penny brings his crew into TBA and wins next year. The heat gets turned up quick.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The contract is fully guaranteed through the end of 2022. Barnes isn’t going anywhere unless he chooses to do so. UT is not going to spend 8 figures to buy out a basketball coach.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

even talking about buying out Barnes at this point is pretty ridiculous iyam

justingroves likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is true.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed, but for purely financial reasons, alone.

Perhaps I’m alone in not caring one whit if Bruin Barnes GTFO today. But even so, I won’t be if he struggles to make the tourney next year, and which seems like a near certainty at this point, or any hereafter.

Were I Tennessee, I’d start mailing his paychecks to the homes and high schools of McDonald’s All-Americans, and tell him he can pick them up there, while visiting them on the recruiting trail. Because he’d be out of the house and on the road recruiting so much as to compel his wife to put out an Amber Alert on him, were it up to me.

utvol0427 likes this.